The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
|For the character from the Grand Canyon in Van Buren, see Santiago (Van Buren).|
How are you? Santiago is fabulous!”
Santiago is a smooth-talking con artist living in Freeside. He affects a Spanish accent to get out of paying for drinks. Thanks to his dishonest ways, he owes Francine Garret 212 caps and has no intention of paying them back before being confronted by the Courier in the side quest Debt Collector.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a pimp or prostitute and sells sex.||
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Smooth-Talking Criminal: While going after Santiago to gain his debts, Santiago will offer you a password that will get you a discount at Mick & Ralph's.
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: He may be recruited to fill the role of a suave prostitute for the Garret twins' prostitution ring at the Atomic Wrangler Casino (the other option being Old Ben.)
- Debt Collector: Francine Garret asks the player to find Santiago and bring back the money he owes her.
Effects of the player character's actions
- After Wang Dang Atomic Tango has been completed, you can have sex with him for 25 caps.
Other interactions with the player character
- There is a dialog option where the player can ask for a discount to Mick & Ralph's for 50 caps (25 caps with a speech check). He will instruct you to tell Mick or Ralph the word "extravaganza". When this is done, however, they will tell you that you have been set up since Mick and Ralph's doesn't do discounts. There will be no dialogue option to talk about this once you return to Santiago. However, the option will appear when you come to recruit him for the Garret twins.
- Intimidating him will cause him to pay you 256 caps.
- If you kill Santiago, you will find 25 caps on his body and you won't gain bad karma nor infamy in Freeside even after finishing Wang Dang Atomic Tango.
Drops on death
- Killing Santiago does not result in a loss of karma nor does it result in infamy in Freeside.
- Although he is called a smooth talker, he has a Charisma of 2.
- He tends to speak in the third person when using his V.I.P persona.
Santiago appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Old Ben to satisfy the "Suave Talker" requirement of the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango will make it impossible to collect the debt from Santiago through dialogue. Attempting to collect the debt will simply result in a selection of dialogue options where the Courier has no choice but to pay Santiago for his bogus discount password to Mick & Ralph's. Recruiting
- The option to recruit him for the Garret twins' prostitution ring is available upon meeting him if the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango has been accepted. This will inadvertently accept and accomplish the initial quests of Debt Collector up to the fine-paying, and all options to pay the fine, except out of pocket are gone. This also will screw up your interactions with Francine Garret and possibly prevent the player from completing the quest. You can pickpocket a "bag of bottlecaps" off of him to fix this bug.
- If you have already collected Santiago's debt and are tasked to kill McCaffery in Wang Dang Atomic Tango, you will receive the previous quest "collect 212 caps from Santiago in Freeside" again. If you kill Santiago, the 212 caps are not on his body and there is no other way to collect the caps from him.
Santiago, ready to service the customers in the Atomic Wrangler Casino