The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
My vault runs deep and wide! It's full of corridors and rooms that go far.”— Sarah Weintraub
Sarah Weintraub is the proprietor of the Vault 21 gift shop and a resident of Vault 21 in Fallout: New Vegas.
Background[edit | edit source]
Sarah grew up in Vault 21. Like her brother, she suffers from agoraphobia and as such, rarely leaves the Vault. After Mr. House took control of the Vault and made known his plans to evict the residents and seal it with concrete, Sarah and her brother convinced him to spare the upper level. By Mr. House's acceptance, Sarah won the ability to remain in her home, now converted into a hotel and gift shop with her as the proprietor. Sarah's brother was allowed to stay nearby, now working out of a warehouse immediately next door to the Vault 21 Hotel. Sarah and her brother seem to keep in touch via e-mail despite their physical proximity, likely due to the extreme discomfort both would experience from being outside even for the short trip between structures.
As vault suits are extremely popular items for the gift shop, Sarah is always on the lookout for extra stock. The player character can help her with this through the unmarked quest "Suits You, Sarah".
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Miscellaneous items|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: Free if liked enough, otherwise 40/10 caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- With a barter check of 65, she will accept Boomer jumpsuits along with Vault jumpsuits.
- If you kill Mr. House, you can mention it to Sarah. She'll be delighted that she now technically owns the Vault, but it otherwise has no effect on her unmarked quest.
- Through certain dialogue options she can be propositioned for sex, at which point she will tell the player she will meet the player in their room. Sarah will have sex with the player regardless of the gender.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Suits You, Sarah: Bring Sarah at least 30 Vault jumpsuits for some rewards.
- Tourist Traipse: Ask Sarah for the tour of Vault 21 and she will happily oblige.
- I Could Make You Care: During the search for the Euclid's C-Finder, Sarah tells the player that a man with a "strange metal collar" already purchased it.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Vault 21 jumpsuit|
|Sarah's Dresser Key, Sarah's Room Password|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sarah has a picture of James and Catherine on the wall next to her bedside dresser, she is not related to them however.
- If she is killed she will be replaced by a Securitron. The Securitron won't buy vault suits, however.
- Sarah refuses to rent you a room if you have negative Strip reputation. Strangely, she also refuses if your reputation is at Wild Child. Because of this, it's possible to lock yourself out of renting by raising your positive Strip reputation (going from Soft-Hearted Devil to Wild Child).
- Sarah grew up in Vault 21 but doesn't have a Pip-Boy.
- When completing a sale with her, a different voice actress can be heard saying "Another satisfied customer".
- After having sex with her, she will stay asleep in your bed with her Vault 21 jumpsuit unequipped and will only reequip it after she wakes up. This means, if you pick her pocket, you can take the Vault 21 jumpsuit and she will remain in her underwear indefinitely. This leaves the option to dress her however you please, for she will equip any clothing item in her inventory.
- Sarah is essential to Classic Inspiration; her death will make it impossible for the player to complete that quest due to her brother becoming despondent at her demise.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- beer, crunchy mutfruit, and bubblegum in her personal inventory, but the amounts of each to carry are set to zero. Sarah is set up to carry
- If you take her tour with companions, they may disappear and not reappear when you exit the Vault. Reload a previous save.
- After having sex with her and waking her up, she will have a different voice than normal. This also occurs when she greets the player in passing (without engaging in dialogue). This glitch may also occur at the end of a transaction.
- It is possible for her to not recognize that you have Vault 21 or Vault 19 suits in your inventory to give to her. The same problem can occur with any type of Vault suit if you are withdrawing them one at a time from a companion's inventory, but these issues can be fixed by exiting and re-entering the Gift shop.
- If you pick the dialogue option to initiate sex with her without first getting the key to the hotel room, you will no longer be able to interact with her beyond a pre-programmed response, this includes getting the key to the hotel room.
- If you play a character with speech abilities high enough to use all the dialogue options (and you do it when you meet her first time), you possibly won't be able to have sex with her whether you have delivered any quantity of suits or not. She may sound as if she's going to meet you in the room right away but she will actually stay in the shop.
- Often, she tries to sit at her desk in the shop, but will instead walk onto the chair and continue walking in place. The player can, however, physically push her off the chair, and she will then sit down successfully.
- If your skill levels are below what are necessary to pass the two speech checks to initiate sex with Sarah (65 and 75), using chems (alcohol or Mentats) or skill books (Meeting People) may cause the dialogue options to disappear.
- When you kill her, sometimes she'll have some items which you cannot take out of her inventory.
- Sometimes when she comes to your room to have sex she spawns with no hair.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sarah Weintraub appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sarah as she appears on the 4 of Diamonds.