Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The scavenger platform is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is a pontoon boat in the middle of Lake Mead, it may have been used in an attempt to scavenge the bomber at the bottom of the lake. Despite being a boat and not being anchored down, the platform stays in the same point and does not float around Lake Mead.
Layout[edit | edit source]
This location consists of four platforms joined together by wooden bridges. On each of these platforms are makeshift shacks made by the previous owners. Towards the middle on the edge of one is a campfire. Also on this platform are 4 to 5 lakelurks. At the western side of the platform are two ramps attached to the edge of the platform to make it easier to get from the water onto the platforms.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Wasteland Survival Guide - Located on the fallen shelf in the northernmost hut.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the shelf in the northeastern most hut next to the overturned ammunition box. Also a Stealth Boy can be found in a crate/box on one of the shelves (it is Random, confirmed for PS3)
- To the west at the bottom of the lake there are Sunken Sarsaparilla Supplies. The submerged truck contains 138 Empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles, 23 Sunset Sarsaparilla, 3 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps and a few bottle caps. You’ll probably want to wait until you have the rebreather before going after these.
- There is also a lot of varying ammunition types in ammunition boxes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After being cleared of lakelurks it can be ideal for player housing, especially for players on Hardcore mode. The lake can be drunk from to reduce the H20 meter in hardcore mode and heal the player rad free (although very slowly), it contains a bed to reduce the sleep meter in hardcore mode and heal if hardcore mode is off, footlocker for storage and a campfire for crafting. (Lakelurks respawn, confirmed on PS3, 360.) However, a companion can be left there, and will not have a problem picking off the respawning lakelurks, so that you won't be surprised by them upon returning home one day.
- A lakelurk may be swimming in the waters below the platform. In which case the player will have to swim to it and back onto the platform where it will follow you and where it can be easily disposed of.
- Although the player is walking on the floating platform above the surface of the lake, the player still leaves waves on the water's surface where they are walking above it on the platform.
- When approaching the platforms, lakelurks will fire upon the player who will be left defenseless during swimming and can die quickly because of this. Due to how far out in the water the platform is, it is hard to kill the lakelurks from a distance, so getting onto the platforms as soon as possible may be the player's only chance.
- Using a scoped weapon and some patience, it´s quite easy to take down the lakelurks in the ramp to the southeast (looking directly from fisherman´s pride shack)
- If you pick up one of the tires on the platform and throw it onto the water you can jump on it and float.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Scavenger platform appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The lakelurks might not appear on the platform, but if you save then reload they'll appear in their usual spots.
- The lakelurks will be already dead on arrival of the platform.
- All items appear to replenish after a few days
- All dead lakelurks, along with any other dead creatures on the platform, may respawn, causing problems for the player when visiting, especially if there is a large amount of bodies on the platform.