Dr. Schiller was the Follower in charge of placing members on assignment via his post at the Follower's outpost. The outpost itself is only there to handle the logistics and coordination with other checkpoints over the radio..
(Should Veronica come to the conclusion to leave the Brotherhood) He left on an errand and is due to arrive the day after the Courier and Veronica Santangelo go to the outpost to help Veronica leave the Brotherhood. Upon returning to the outpost he and the rest of the Followers are found massacred by four Paladins; his ashes are amongst the corpses.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- I Could Make You Care; his ashes can be searched following the arrival to the scene of the massacre.
|Bottle caps 5|
Drops on death
- One thing that is quite odd is that Dr. Schiller is considered a object such as a crate by the game due to the fact that you can "open" his ashes and not "search" them like the other corpses.
Schiller appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Can I join the Followers?"
Alvarez: "Possibly, but I'd be the wrong person to ask. You'll need to speak to Dr. Schiller, who's on an errand at one of our other stations. He should be back tomorrow."
- The Courier: "This is Veronica, formerly of the Brotherhood of Steel. She's interested in joining your cause."
Alvarez: "The Brotherhood? Well, this is unusual, I must say. But very welcome. There's certainly a lot we could learn from your technological expertise. Doctor Schiller usually handles placement, and he won't be back until tomorrow. If you could come back then, we can see about your assignment."
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Alvarez: "This is just a site for local Followers to pick up assignments and check in. So most of the time we're just taking care of logistics and coordinating with other checkpoints over the radio."