Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Scoped .44 Magnum
|For an overview of .44 magnum revolver models in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
Scoped .44 Magnum
Background[edit | edit source]
The Smith & Wesson Model 29 is a six-shot, double-action revolver chambered for the .44 Magnum cartridge, manufactured since 1955. This large frame revolver offers excellent accuracy, firepower, and reliability. Multiple models remain available and quite popular in the wastelands, from the shortened 4 1/2 inch variant to the full size, high end monsters with scopes. By default, the revolvers come with tritium illuminated sights.
A full size M29 with a permanent scope fixed on top of its barrel. Offers excellent range and performance against a variety of targets. However, the need for more precise aiming reduces the rate of fire.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The .44 Magnum revolver offers excellent damage against targets at range, better by ten points than the .32 hunting rifle. It is a poor man's sniper rifle, actually, offering less weight, better ammo capacity, higher rate of fire, and less recoil than the sniper rifle. Its only drawback is lower damage.
A revolver in 100% condition can fire 228 rounds (38 cylinders) before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Blackhawk: Only unique variant with no add-ons.
- Callahan's Magnum: A powerful, unique revolver that once belonged to Harold Callahan, offering excellent damage and durability.
- Paulson's revolver: A peculiar ancient revolver firing nine pellets per shot.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Notes|
|Scoped .44 Magnum||Revolver||35||78.8||2.3||x2||35||0.3||32||.44 round, Magnum||6||4||240||300||-|
|Blackhawk||Revolver||55||123.8||2.3||x2||45||0.3||32||.44 round, Magnum||6||4||360||500||-|
|Callahan's Magnum||Revolver||65||146.3||2.3||x2||50||0.3||25||.44 round, Magnum||6||4||400||750||-|
|Paulson's revolver||Revolver-shotgun||45||101.3||2.3||x2||35||3.0||32||.44 round, Magnum||6||4||240||300||Scopeless; fires 9 projectiles|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Broken bow: On a table near the locked Very Hard door.
- Citadel: In the armory near Durga.
- Flooded Metro: Near a skeleton and a copy of Guns and Bullets.
- Jefferson Memorial: On a sunken boat.
- Hubris Comics: Under the stairwell near the printing room.
- Marigold station: Near one of the skeletons.
- Meresti station: In Vance's safe.
- Near the 5th Keller Family Transcript.
- Old Olney Sewer: On a table near a workbench.
- Ranger compound: On one of the tables.
- Shalebridge hill ant tunnels: Near a brahmin corpse.
- Tenpenny Tower: In a ruined building to the southeast, by a skeleton.
- Vault 87: In a locked safe with a few grenades and some purified water.
- Vault-Tec Headquarters Corporate Offices: In the toilet cistern inside the lades' toilet.
- Presidential Metro: At the top of the stairs, in the rubble.
- Mobile base crawler: In the storage areas on level 2.
- Point Lookout: In the northeastern part of the map, next to a skeleton, 2 frag mines, and 2 ammunition boxes.
- Desmond's panic room.
- Billy Creel (Megaton)
- Eulogy Jones (Paradise Falls)
- Jabsco (Fort Bannister)
- Ledoux (Red Racer factory)
- Mister Crowley (Underworld)
- Willy Wilson (Andale)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The revolver is inspired by a nearly identical scoped M29 .44 revolver used by Lord Humungus in Mad Max 2: Road Warrior.
- A 'clip' levelled list that remains buried and unused in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas implies that the scoped .44 was originally (and incorrectly) designed with an 8 round capacity.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
- Weapon appearance in released games.
- Fallout: New Vegas appearance.