Not much, just killed a bunch of people. Maybe a couple of kids, too. Whatever.”— Scrambler on the cause for his incarceration
A particularly disturbed individual, Scrambler is a psychopath who ended up in prison after a string of murders, including children. He has a telling nickname, stemming from his capacity to scramble people so much they can't piece them together afterwards. He stayed with the Powder Gangers and became Eddie's bodyguard after the prison break, staying close to him and ensuring that no one challenges his leadership.
Scrambler lost his eye earlier in life, but remains a highly proficient unarmed combatant. His post in the warden's office gives him plenty of time to prepare for an incoming attacker and take them apart.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
|Powder Gang guard armor|
Drops on death
- "[What do you do around here?] I keep an eye on my buddy Eddie. Anybody messes with him and I scramble them real good."
- "[What do you do around here?] Used to guard Eddie, but not anymore."
- "[Why are you called Scrambler?] Why? It's because I mess up people so bad they don't know what part goes where when I'm done."
- "[What did you do to end up in here?] Not much, just killed a bunch of people. Maybe a couple of kids, too. Whatever."
- "[How did you all break out?] Dynamite. Lots and lots of dynamite. You should've seen the body parts flying everywhere."
Behind the scenes
- According to VFreeformNCRCFScript, the player was supposed to be able to offer Scrambler that they will kill Eddie. The player would then be able to secure support from Scrambler's boys and draw Eddie away to kill him.
Scrambler appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What did you do to end up in here?"
Scrambler: "Not much, just killed a bunch of people. Maybe a couple of kids, too. Whatever."
- The Courier: "What do you do around here?"
Scrambler: "I keep an eye on my buddy Eddie. Anybody messes with him and I scramble them real good."