Scrap metal (Fallout 3)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
In the base game, scrap metal plays no further role in the game than collecting for certain people.
In The Pitt, the ammo press can also be used to melt scrap metal down into ammunition. Scrap metal is very useful in the presses due to it yielding more ammunition than scrap put in. For example, if one puts 500 pieces of scrap metal into the press to make shotgun shells, it will return 1000 shells.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- All robots usually have a piece of scrap metal in their inventory.
- Most toolboxes across the wasteland have scrap metal in them.
- Most vendors that sell junk have scrap metal for sale.
- The bin in Karl's shop in Meresti station has about 20 pieces of scrap metal in it.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- The Outcast Collection Agent: scrap metal along with various other items can be turned in to Protector Casdin at Fort Independence for ammunition, grenades, and useful aid items.
- This Old House: scrap metal can be given to Winthrop at Underworld in exchange for radiation supplies or stimpaks.
- Walter's Scrap Metal: scrap metal can be turned in to Walter at Megaton for caps, experience, and positive karma if the player decides to give the scrap metal for free.