You can find more ammo than the normal post-holocaust survivor. This Perk doubles the amount of ammo found in random encounters.”— Fallout 2 description
Effects[edit | edit source]
Fallout[edit | edit source]
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
With the Scrounger perk, you'll find considerably more ammunition in containers than you normally would.”— In-game description, Fallout 3
The perk activates a special variable, ScroungerOdds, which affects the amount of ammunition found in containers (only affecting containers and corpses that have not been searched yet).!-- Not sure about this latter or in which way "respawning" affects it. I'll leave it here until I've found opportunities to test that. --> This alters looting in the following way:
- Any container with the Scrounger loot list has a 75% chance to contain additional ammunition (this affects both enemies and scenery).
- Only containers with the loot list attached are affected. In most cases the amount of random ammo at a certain chance equals the amount of Scrounger ammo with a 75% chance – roughly doubling the amount found.
Fallout 4[edit | edit source]
With the Scrounger perk, you will find increasingly more ammunition in containers.”— Fallout 4 loading screen hints
This perk tree has four ranks, and each rank increases the amount of ammunition one finds in containers from the previous rank, with a special ability at the last point:
- Rank 1: Increased chance for containers to spawn ammo.
- Rank 2: Increased chance for containers to spawn ammo.
- Rank 3: Increased chance for containers to spawn ammo.
- Rank 4: A chance for ammunition to spawn in the player's inventory when firing the last bullet.
Fallout 76[edit | edit source]
Find more ammunition in containers.