Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Background[edit | edit source]
Located two miles to the south of Searchlight, Nevada. It was built by the United States Air Force as an emergency alternate paved airstrip for Nellis Air Force Base in the 1950s. It became a public airport, and has been abandoned since the Great War.
Layout[edit | edit source]
While there are no accessible buildings, there are two trunks on the tarmac side of the main airport terminal, on the terminal outer wall, which contain a large amount of caps (depending on your level and Luck, it can range from 200 to over 1000 caps) and sometimes bobby pins, cigarettes or any random junk. The facility is crawling with radscorpions of various sizes.
There are four planes in the area. They are all very rusted and two have their landing gears stuck in junk piles, but they are intact.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Two metal boxes and an ammunition box underneath a plane on the west end of the runway.
- Two trunks next to the main building, near the two planes. They have a random number of caps depending on your stats, with a significant bonus to characters with Fortune Finder perk.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The real life Searchlight Airport has no control tower.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It's possible to step outside the game borders here if you jump onto the roof of the airport building, using ammunition boxes or other junk, and then jumping down on the other side of the fence. There seems to be no invisible walls blocking the way here so you can (although it takes time) walk to the edge of the landscape and jump down into a seemingly never ending watermass.
- Another way to step out of the game borders is to jump onto the top of the white fuel containers to the left of the airport building, then jump over the fence. You should be able to hop up on a square part on the edge of the container, then jump up again to reach the top.
- When fast traveling to Searchlight Airport, the screen might turn black and the game might crash, whereafter you have to reset your console.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Searchlight Airport appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.425: "[6.26] Searchlight Airport
The control tower of this mothballed airport can be seen as far away as Ranger Station Echo, and is just rough of Camp Searchlight and its irradiated trailer park [6.S11]. The perimeter fence is still intact, forcing you to enter and exit via the road tunnel, and collapsed tarmac. The place is teeming with Radscorpions, and the terminal building is firmly sealed, although there's a couple of trunks near the rusting planes to loot for Caps."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)