Sentinel site Prescott
Sentinel site Prescott
Background[edit | edit source]
An ominous pyramid surrounded by irradiated sludge, Sentinel site Prescott was officially a nuclear munitions disposal facility. However, in reality it was a missile silo that stockpiled Mark 28 nuclear warheads for the U.S. military, and performed experiments focused on combining them with existing ballistic missiles. With a seemingly inexhaustible stock of these warheads, they performed at least 23 test launches, the final one performed on the eve of the Great War. The launch failed to register with the system, locking the hapless staff inside and dooming them to death of hunger and thirst. Many were turned into feral ghouls, sealed beneath the ground.
By 2281, the site was penetrated, first by Children of the Atom seeking to protect the holy stockpile of Mark 28s from blasphemers and apostates, then by the Brotherhood of Steel, seeking to replenish Liberty Prime's supply of nuclear weapons.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The entrance of the pyramid structure opens to some catwalks on the other side of a security door. Down the stairs to the east is an multi-tiered control office, with another door leading down another catwalk to a launch booth room on the south side of the facility. A staircase leads down to the lower tier (which contains a chemistry station) and leads into a hallway that takes one lower to a control room containing a terminal that can abort the launch in progress and allows the blast doors throughout the facility to open. The room also contains an elevator that leads back upstairs and doorway that leads out to the launch pad.
The launch pad has a lower area that leads east into a tunnel system infested with feral ghouls. The tunnel terminates at a collapsed section, forcing one into an adjacent hallway across from some barracks before proceeding down the tunnel again. The tunnel splits off after a short distance into a small storage room containing a few ghouls. The rest of the tunnel continues down further to a cargo bay; there is a cargo elevator that leads up to a secondary entrance is off to the side, but straight ahead is a control room containing Brother Henri and Atom's Wrath if Liberty Reprimed is active. The terminal in this room requires Henri's password to open and is able to open the locked red door in the loading dock, which is an expansive room filled with nuclear warheads; the room contains moderate to severe radiation, peaking at 28 rads per second near the back of the room.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Giant Insects Invade edition of Astoundingly Awesome Tales is on the console on the lower tier of the office just east of the entrance.
- The Sentinel site blast door override is on the desk in the same room and tier as the Astounding Awesome Tales.
- Captain Dunleavy's holotape is in Brother Henri and Atom's Wrath's room on a console.
- A mini nuke is in the nuclear warhead armory, near the bulldozer near the entrance. It is in a wooden box on the adjacent shelf.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Visually, the Sentinel site is inspired by Stanley R. Mickelsen Safeguard Complex Missile Site Radar, the only completed installation that formed the basis of the Safeguard Program. In practice, the function is entirely different: The Sentinel bunker in Fallout 4 is a missile launching site, rather than a radar building. The hardened air intakes and exhaust stacks also conceal entrances into the underground, rather than perform their function.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sentinel site Prescott appears only in Fallout 4.
- Danse: "I believe that this is a bomb disposal facility."
"It appears that this facility is more than just bomb disposal. It's been converted into a launching silo as well."
(Danse's dialogue) Note: The former comment is made in front of the main entrance, the latter is made at the gantry just inside the facility.
- Sentinel site Prescott terminals; Terminal, Pod Alpha - Launch Report
- Sentinel site Prescott terminals; Terminal, Pod Beta - Launch Report
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.364-365: "[5.31] SENTINEL SITE
This secret military installation has a stockpile of potent Mark 28 nuclear warheads, many of them still intact. An ominous pyramid surrounded by irradiated sludge, this location was in the middle of launching a missile strike when the bombs dropped. It is now a tomb for ferals."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Liberty Reprimed