Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Sarah in Fallout Shelter
The name's Sarah Lyons, Sentinel and squad commander of the Brotherhood of Steel.”— Sarah Lyons, Fallout 3
Background[edit | edit source]
Sarah Lyons was born in 2251 in the Brotherhood of Steel's Lost Hills bunker in California. In 2254, the Brotherhood of Steel ruling council decided to send a contingent of soldiers under the command of Star Paladin Owyn Lyons to the East Coast with a mandate to recover all advanced technology from the Washington, D.C. area. Three at the time, Sarah joined her father on his journey east to the Capital Wasteland (her mother having died several years earlier). Since their arrival and establishment of a permanent base at the Citadel, Sarah trained to be a warrior. By 2277, Elder Lyons' daughter Sarah is a grown woman and one of the Brotherhood’s finest warriors. Brotherhood through and through, she is as dedicated and decorated as her father when he was younger. In fact, she’s the only member to have achieved the illustrious rank of Sentinel, and now commands her own elite squad, Lyons' Pride.
Sarah Lyons fought for her father's chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel until his death around 2278. After, she would become the new Elder of Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel. Despite her critical leadership position, Sarah continued to fight on the frontlines. This proved a costly mistake, as later, in the same year her father died no less, she was killed in battle and Lyons' Brotherhood of Steel would stumble to find an effective leader for several years until Arthur Maxson would become the new Elder.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Sarah is unsurprisingly loyal to her father, but her superior attitude to wastelanders is more typical of those in the Brotherhood with lingering sympathies for the Outcasts. She has little patience with 'civilians' stumbling into the line of fire. However this may be the pride of a professional rather than someone who doubts the value of the Brotherhood's objectives. Her attitude to Initiate Reddin suggests she is not convinced that wastelanders should be recruited into Brotherhood ranks.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Following in His Footsteps: The player encounters Sarah while traveling to the GNR building plaza. The Lone Wanderer will find her squad. When the Lone Wanderer approaches her, Sarah will not trust the Lone Wanderer but will allow the Lone Wanderer to follow behind them to the GNR studios. Upon reaching the GNR building plaza, the Lone Wanderer and Lyons' Pride will be attacked by super mutants, and a super mutant behemoth Lyons will then enter the GNR building with the remainder of her squad. While there she can be talked to, and will thank the player for his or her help if appropriate.
- Take It Back!: After bringing the player into Lyon's Pride, Sarah leads the assault on the Purifier. Her health is increased to 500 for the purpose, but since she's marked essential, it's a non-issue. She accompanies the player to the final confrontation with Augustus Autumn and his personal guard. Based on the player's choice, Sarah Lyons will:
- Watch the the player enter the chamber and mourn their inevitable demise (unless Broken Steel is installed).
- Enter the chamber herself, pressing the buttons on her own.
- Wait until the Purifier explodes.
- Who Dares Wins : After the player escapes from the mobile base, Sarah Lyons will appear again unless she died at the Purifier and bring the player back to the Citadel. If the player decided to nuke it, she will attack the player upon arrival.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- ( ) If the player nukes the Citadel instead of the crawler, Sarah will attack. She is no longer essential if that's the case.
- (Fawkes, Sergeant RL-3, or Charon for the purpose. In this case, she spends the add-on in a coma. If she activated the purifier, she will be dead, transformed into a puddle of goo. ) Sarah Lyons will appear in the add-on only if the player activated the purifier himself or used
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Lyons' Pride power armor|
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Keep firing! They bleed just like anything else!"
- "You dare assault a Brother of Steel?"
- "You bastard! I'll make you PAY for this! You hear me?! PAY!"
- "How dare you assault a soldier of the Brotherhood of Steel!"
- "We've still got the damn Frankensteins crawling all over D.C. and Rothchild's got us picking up every blinking gizmo from here to Virginia."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sarah may glitch at the endgame, repeating her combat phrases rather than talking to the player at the Rotunda.
- Lyons will always greet the player in Broken Steel with the following sentence: "'When I first saw you long ago in that alley Chevy Chase, I thought you were just some trashy Wastelander. I'm glad to see I was wrong.", even if they never met her there.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.96: "Sentinel Sarah Lyons
Sarah, 26, was born in the West Coast Brotherhood of Steel headquarters. At the age of seven, she accompanied her father on his journey east to the Capital Wasteland (her mother having died several years earlier). Sarah Lyons is Brotherhood through and through, as dedicated and decorated as her father when he was younger. She commands a group of soldiers assigned to patrol the Washington, D.C., Mall area and operates out of the G.N.R. studio outpost."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Prydwen terminals; Proctor Quinlain's Terminal, Enter Maxson: "Enter Arthur Maxson, young squire to both Owyn and Sarah Lyons, and descendant of the very founder of the Brotherhood of Steel, Roger Maxson. When Elder Owyn Lyons died, care of young Arthur Maxson passed to Sarah Lyons, Owyn's daughter, who was then named Elder in his place. But when Sarah fell in battle shortly thereafter, things became complicated. The Brotherhood of Steel based in the Citadel found itself in need of leadership, and began appointing one ineffective Elder after another."