Sentry bots (Fallout 76)
Sentry bots are creatures found in Fallout 76.
The heaviest class of combat robot in the United States military, the sentry bot sacrifices speed and maneuverability for sheer resilience and overwhelming firepower. While the Assaultron is designed for melee combat and the Mister Gutsy is a jack-of-all-trades, the sentry bot's purpose is to engage the enemy at range with a variety of weapons, including miniguns, Gatling lasers, rocket launchers, and even back-mounted cluster grenade launchers, while its thick armor and multiple redundant systems allow it to survive extended engagements. It's commonly considered to be one of the most dangerous robots ever created and RobCo Industries' finest fighting robot. Late models are also provided with the ability to self-destruct to prevent enemy from recovering the robot. Early sentry bot models were issued serial numbers in the SB-#### format (model, then serial), with later models transitioning to the standardized alphanumeric registration in the ABC-###### format.
The ultimate in high-end robotic engineering, the next-generation sentry bot is the heaviest and most powerful pre-War military robot design that reached operational status. It contains of two distinct assembles. The upper body, protected by a rounded, cast armored shell, contains the primary systems of the sentry bot together with the fusion core sockets. A pair of large fans help cool down the torso assembly, while hinged flaps over the fusion cores allow for emergency venting if heat buildup reaches critical levels (its only major vulnerability). The head is mounted at the front, on an articulated mount that offers a degree of mobility, and typically protected by an additional level of armor. The arms act as hardpoints, accepting a variety of loadouts including a tri-barrel minigun and a triple-shot missile launcher. An additional hardpoint is installed on the back of the sentry bot, allowing for a pair of cluster grenade launchers.
The lower body retains the original's wheeled chassis, with three legs terminating in wheels providing a stable firing platform in almost any terrain. Hydraulic actuators allow the sentry bot precise control over its position and placement, a major improvement from the previous models. However, perhaps the greatest mobility improvement in this model is the introduction of Mecanum wheels. These allow it to move in any direction in combat, without having to break line of sight to relocate.
The sentry bot has been modified extensively and now presents a significant threat all around. While it is equipped with arm-mounted minigun and rocket launcher combination, its true asset is its protection and speed. It can rapidly maneuver across the battlefield and close distance with frightening speed to use its weapons with pin-point accuracy. It is also capable of charging at the enemy, using its sheer weight to deliver plenty of damage on contact.
Fortunately, because of its size, the Sentry Bot generates a significant amount of heat. During combat, it will occasionally enter a "cooldown" state. When it does, it temporarily shuts down and vents its fusion core. Forcing it to exert itself and exploiting these few seconds of vulnerability is key to defeating it. A couple of pulse munitions help too.
- Sentry bot
- Siege Breaker sentry bot
- Sentry bot strikebreaker
- Whitespring sentry bot
- Hornwright security robot
- Arktos Pharma sentry bot
- Annihilator sentry bot
- Annihilator sentry bot mk.II
- Sentry bots are very common as groundskeepers at the Whitespring Resort.
- Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "The Sentry Bot is one of the most dangerous combat drones ever created, and utilizes a variety of heavy weapons systems to destroy its enemies. Upon death, it erupts in a devastating explosion."
- Serial numbers in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
- Battlezone Announcer: "And now... the fight you've all been waiting for. The ultimate in high-end robotic engineering. The one... The only... RobCo Space Sentry!"
- Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "Because of its size, the Sentry Bot generates a significant amount of heat. During combat, it will occasionally enter a "cooldown" state. When this happens, the Sentry Bot's back panel will open, exposing its Fusion Core... and presenting the best moment to strike."
- Sentry bot appearance and loadouts in Fallout 4.
- Sentry bot appearance and behavior.