Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Shishkebab (Fallout: New Vegas)
|This page is about the weapon that features in Fallout: New Vegas. For the version that features in Fallout 3, see Shishkebab (Fallout 3).|
Shishkebab in use
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The shishkebab is a makeshift "flaming sword" built from materials scavenged in the wastes. The blade consists of a lawn mower blade affixed to a shower guard with a motorcycle brake and a pilot light. This contraption is connected via a hose to a motorcycle fuel tank worn on a surplus frame on the back. To prevent burns, the shishkebab is used with oven mitts.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 22 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
If a character has the Pyromaniac perk and a poison-coated Shishkebab, it becomes one of the most damaging melee weapons in the game.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Gehenna , a unique variant that has more devastating flames and a faster rate of attack.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Shishkebab||20 + 2(5s)||93 + 2||2.3||x2||20||28||3||500||2500||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:6|
|Gehenna||42 + 5(5s)||117.6 + 5||2.8||x2||21||25||3||400||12000||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:6|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Legionary assassins often carry them.
- Shishkebabs are purchasable from the NCR supply officer, Quartermaster Bardon in the Hoover Dam Office. However, you may not be able to purchase from the officer if your reputation with the NCR is neutral or lower or if you have a speech level of under 50.
- They can be purchased from the Blake (after level 16), Mick of Mick & Ralph's, and the Great Khan armorer.
- Viper leaders may carry one.
- White Legs pain makers in Zion Canyon will carry them.
- Some lobotomites in Big MT may carry them at higher levels.
- Marked men in the Divide may carry them at higher levels.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the Shishkebab is equipped, an oven mitt appears on the right hand of the player and their companions, as protection from the heat.
- As it is constantly on fire, the Shishkebab will set off gas leaks if the player walks through one with the sword drawn. The same applies if a companion has it equipped.
- Dead Money introduces a special perk called Elijah's Ramblings which gives the player a bonus 150% critical damage with melee weapons. A character with a Luck of 10, Finesse, Light Touch, and the 1st Recon beret can reach 25% chance to critically hit. The Shishkebab sports a 2x crit. multiplier, turning 25% into 50%. The increased critical chance of Light Touch is not affected by the weapon multiplier. Combined with Elijah's Ramblings it can tear apart most things in the wasteland in seconds.
- Though all the components exist in-game, it cannot be crafted like in Fallout 3 with the Schematics - Shishkebab. The same applies to all other crafted weapons from Fallout 3 with exception of the bottlecap mine.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Shish kebab" is a traditional Turkish dish consisting of meat threaded on a skewer and grilled.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art by Adam Adamowicz