In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Sierra Madre martini
|This page is about the drink in Dead Money. For the perk that allows the player to make the drink, see Sierra Madre Martini (perk). For the various forms of alcohol that appear in the Fallout series of games, see alcohol.|
Sierra Madre martini
...a surprisingly strong, restorative, and disgusting drink.”— In-game description
The Sierra Madre martini is a potent alcoholic beverage brewed by Dean Domino using toxins from the Cloud and pre-War junk food. When consumed it increase maximum hit points by 75 points, as well as a +4 bonus to Endurance and a +2 bonus to Strength. Unusually for an alcoholic beverage, it does not have any immediate negative effects, including dehydration when in hardcore mode. However, it does have a somewhat higher addiction rate of 15%, rather than the usual 5% to 10% as with most other alcoholic beverages.
1 Tin can
1 Sierra Madre martini
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
A misc item version of the Sierra Madre martini exists within Dead Money's files, but was not included in the game. This version is a miscellaneous item rather than a consumable, has a weight of 0.1 and no value, and does not provide any way of using or consuming it.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
- Martinis have a 75% chance of being found in each of Dean's Secret Stashes.
- Sierra Madre martinis are not classified as either a food or medicine item, meaning the magnitude of their effects are not modified by any of the player's skills.
- This item's effects are similar to Buffout, in fact it uses the same behind-the-scenes effects in order to work. It may be best considered an improved version of Buffout rather than a form of alcohol.
- When dropped, the item is featured in a whiskey bottle. However, an empty whiskey bottle is not needed to craft the item.
- The Sierra Madre martini is one of the only items that is craftable without a skill requirement.
- Despite the fact that the Cloud is a highly deadly substance it is perfectly drinkable with few side effects.
- The potent healing of the Sierra Madre Martini suggests restorative properties of the Cloud, possibly contributing to the resurrection abilities seen in the ghost people.