Silenced .22 SMG
|For an overview of submachine gun models throughout the Fallout series, see submachine gun.|
Silenced .22 SMG
Regular and fully modified
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A distinctive weapon, firing .22 cartridges from a pan magazine, using a conventional blowback mechanism. While it offers a respectable fire rate thanks to its open bolt construction, its real strength lies in the integrated suppressor, which completely silences the weapon.
The submachine gun has a very high damage per second, but is still outperformed in that aspect by the 9, 10 and 12.7mm submachine guns. Much of its theoretical power is negated by the damage threshold system. In addition to losing much of its damage, the high spread of this weapon requires the player character to be at close ranges for all of the rounds fired to impact on the target.
The silenced .22 SMG can fire a total of 4995 standard rounds from full condition before breaking.
Modification[edit | edit source]
- Silenced .22 submachine gun expanded drums, +60 ammunition capacity.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Vendors[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Lakelurk cove - found in one of two duffle bags in the at the extreme south-east of the map, east of Blue Paradise Vacation Rentals.
Non-player characters[edit | edit source]
- The Tops - Benny's guards carry .22 SMGs.
- The Tops - Chairman Greeter will usually have this weapon, and can be easily killed as he walks past the stairs to The Aces (in stealth mode only).
- Vault 3 - found on several Fiends.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Hardcore mode with the expanded drums mod, a full drum will be containing 1.824 pounds of ammunition (0.912 with the Pack Rat perk)
- With the expanded drums mod, the iron sights also appear to be modified slightly, as they would need to be raised to accommodate the larger pan magazine.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sounds[edit | edit source]
- Josh Sawyer's Formspring: "The Silenced .22 SMG is definitely based on the American 180 isn't it?