You are, without a doubt, the healthiest son of a bitch I've ever seen wandering the Big MT. Ain't got no use for an old digital sawbones like me.”
Background[edit | edit source]
A highly advanced Auto-Doc model installed in the Sink, this particular unit was provided with an artificial personality based on stereotypical Wild West doctors, complete with an accent and contemporary vernacular. As a bonus effect, Dr Mobius programmed it to snore or talk in its "sleep" while in stand-by mode.
However, beyond the surface, the Auto-Doc is easily the most powerful unit of its kind, capable of performing any kind of medical procedure on its patients, from merely trimming the hair to the most complex, life-saving procedures. Unfortunately, most of the holotapes it requires for full functioning are missing, stashed away across the Big MT. His core programming, for example, is secured in the Y-17 medical facility.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interaction overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character provides miscellaneous services.||
Quests[edit | edit source]
- All My Friends Have Off Switches and Influencing People: A collection quest required to unlock the full array of options.
- Old World Blues: At the conclusion of the quest, the player elect to implant the lost organs back.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Zzz... Forceps nurse! This man's got a severe case of shoe-lung!"
- "Zzz... Three angry deathclaws make for a lot of reconstructive surgery."
- "Zzz... Not that scalpel, the fish scalpel!"
- "Zzz... The foot bones connected to the... leg bone.. The leg bones connected to the... purple bone."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The healing option only restores base hit points. Any bonus HP is not restored.
- Activating the trait change branch, but backing out of it will remove it, as the game assumes you changed them.
- In the Spanish version, due to a bug with the menu (the third option was left blank), the player can only heal themselves and change their traits.
- Skilled trait does not correctly reduce the skills. It does remove the penalty, though. Removing the