The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Missing data (RefID, Factions, Statistics)
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A tough-as-nails fatso in charge of the Triggermen operating out of Vault 114, Skinny's crew finally caught a break with the shelter. He himself wears the best pre-War threads to emphasize his position. Of course, they aren't exactly bulletproof.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Unlikely Valentine: Skinny is encountered at the exit of Vault 114 and must be dealt with however the Sole Survivor decides.
- Skinny has to be fought after recovering Nick Valentine, that is, unless the player has given Jet to Mama Murphy and learned the passphrase that reminds Skinny of the old days. The Remember the Quarry dialogue option results in Skinny giving Nick and the player to the count of ten to leave - and Darla, annoyed by his apparent spinelessness, leaves in disgust. Thus saveth the gal.
- If you don't have the pass-phrase mentioned above (or don't care to use it), then you have a chance to persuade Darla to either leave (medium) or provoke her to attack (hard). Take some Grape Mentats beforehand to give yourself an edge. Convincing her to leave also gives you the option of leaving while Skinny counts to 10. Provoking Darla to attack will not keep you from being targeted! It will just make the exchange shorter. Of course, while they're gabbing - during their intro, you could place a bunch of mines around them and turn them into paste as soon as they twitch. Be sure to step back!
- If you skip the speech challenges with Darla, you also have a chance to win over Skinny with a speech challenge. You can provoke him to attack Darla (medium), or ask him to end the matter peacefully (medium). Again, if you provoke Skinny to attack Darla, you will still be targeted by the other Triggermen. As said above, feel free to plant a bunch of mines while they're gabbing during their intro.
Drops on death
Skinny Malone appears only in Fallout 4.
- The Sole Survivor: "Who's this Skinny Malone character?"
Ellie Perkins: "I don't know much about him, but he's from Goodneighbor, and that means he's in the well-pressed suits and machine guns school of thuggery."
(Ellie Perkins' dialogue)
- The Sole Survivor: "You said Malone's from Goodneighbor?"
Ellie Perkins: "Yeah, it's a tough neighborhood. Northeast a ways. People with power there care about two things: style and body count."
(Ellie Perkins' dialogue)