It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
|For an overview of Sledgehammers throughout the Fallout series, see Sledgehammer.|
A large hammer with big handle. Very popular with the muscular crowd.”— In-game description, Fallout
This sizeable hammer (similiar to ones used in construction and demolition) is a potent weapon. While its damage may seem low, its real power lies in the knockback potential, which can incapacitate enemies and throw them around the place. Particularly useful against critters and melee enemies.
- Sulik starts with one in Fallout 2
- Shark in Junktown carries one in Fallout.
- One can be found in a small hut south of the Shady Sands Garden in Fallout.
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-16: "While many would consider a Sledgehammer to be an excellent tool, but a poor self-defense weapon, the latest designs are made with lightweight but extremely strong materials. The sledgehammer is a massive weapon, that in the hands of a strong wielder, can knock foes off their feet."
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.112: "Sledge Hammer: A large, two-handed hammer. While it is not usually thought of as a weapon, a strong character can wield one of these like a club, vastly increasing the damage he causes to his opponent when he hits."