This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The holotape is the recording of a smuggler named John Adlam, who is confessing to thievery at "the group's claim". He goes into detail that he is to be shot by his brother Richard Adlam, after his father, Joseph Adlam gave consent. He also explains, that with his execution "the punishment will be exacted and the Adlam name will be avenged."
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Ok Ok...I'll do it. Just point that thing somewhere else. ...My name is John Adlam, son of Joseph Adlam, and brother of Richard Adlam. Two days ago I was caught stealing from the groups' claim. Today, with the consent of my father, I am to be shot and killed on the cliffs of the old cathedral by the hands of my brother, Richard. With my execution, my punishment is exacted and the Adlam name will be avenged. Let my punishment be a reminder to those who may be tempted to do as I did.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the player's notes list, the name of this note seemingly changes to smuggler confession.
- Due to the way the game's scripted events are handled, John Adlam is alive before the player finds him. When the player activates the trigger, Adlam is killed and gives the illusion of a corpse falling from above. If the player fast travels to Herzog Mine, it is possible to see the smuggler on the ledge before he dies. It is possible to reach him by climbing around and under the plank on which he stands. As this was not meant to happen, he does not have dialogue.
- It is not possible to save the life of this condemned smuggler; killing his executioner (presumably his brother, Richard - if the holotape recording is accurate) with a well-placed headshot causes his head to explode anyway, as though he has been hit by the double-barrel shotgun blast he was about to receive.
- When approaching the cathedral from Haley's Hardware, you may find the smuggler walking around at the bottom of the cliff. He will be marked as friendly. Once you get a certain distance from him, his head gets blown off.
- If you try to talk to Adlam and have the Krivbeknih in your inventory, it will be traded to him for 1000 caps as if he is Obadiah Blackhall. The Krivbeknih cannot be looted from his corpse.