Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Background[edit | edit source]
The sniper nest that had been quickly set up with sparse equipment by the Field Preparations Division of the NCR Army in order to allow a trained sniper to scope out Cottonwood Cove, the largest Caesar's Legion base west of the Colorado, and assassinate a high ranking Centurion or another objective. Major Joseph Polatli had been informed of the location and had sent a sniper to the nest. However, Captain Ronald Curtis, a well ingrained Legion spy, had acquired a copy of the report sent to Major Polatali and had presumably informed Cottonwood Cove which then lead to the sniper's capture.
Layout[edit | edit source]
It is made of three rusty metal sheets with two for the sides and one for the roof. There is enough room for one person to sleep while another is on duty. When facing Cottonwood Cove from inside the structure there is a Very Hard-locked Gun case to the immediate left. There is also a small camouflaged tent immediately in front of the nest with a perfect view of the entire Cottonwood Cove where a sniper could lay hidden and pick off the Legion one by one without detection.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Gobi Campaign scout rifle is locked in a very hard Gun case.
- Two ammunition boxes, one in the shack and one on the sniper ledge overlooking Cottonwood Cove.
- .308 round, Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap and healing powder on bench in shack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This location is mentioned in the note Sniper nest location. The note states that whoever that alerted the Legion should get out immediately, due to its location near the Cottonwood Cove. The note also states that there will not be weaponry at the nest, yet the Gobi Campaign scout rifle is found here.
- Even though the location is high enough to recon on Cottonwood Cove, it is hard for a sniper to kill everyone outside, since the map cell the player is in will not register many Legion troops.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Sniper's nest appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Sniper nest location
- Location of Sniper nest location note and the lived in layout of the camp.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.423: "[6.18] Sniper's Nest
Usually with a Legion Sniper inside the lean-to, this cliff-top perch offers coverage of the valley down to the Cottonwood Cove [6.20] and the river, as well as an aiming platform facing Ranger Station Echo [6.10] to the north. Pry open the locked Gun Case [Very Hard] for a very special Sniper Rifle."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)