Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Limited Edition Mojave Landmark Snow Globes are collectible items in Fallout: New Vegas. There are a total of 7 of them to find in the base game, and an additional 4 from the add-ons: one each from Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
These rare, pre-War artifacts are widely considered to be useless baubles, but rumor has it that some collectors will pay dearly for them.”
The iconic Vault Boy appears in every one of the Snow Globes; despite lack of background canon information, it's safe to assume they are a promotional item from Vault-Tec Industries, much like the promotional Bobbleheads from the East coast.
Snow globes found in add-ons are displayed on a shelf located directly above the snow globe stand. As soon as you pick one up, you will be given 2,000 caps automatically (with the exception of the Sierra Madre snow globe, which will give you 2,000 Sierra Madre chips) and the snow globe will appear on the shelf.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Goodsprings||On top of the back-left grave in Goodsprings Cemetery (near the water tower), at the base of the grave marker. The grave is the only one in the area with rubble on top; the snow globe can be found amongst it.||0015db3a|
|Hoover Dam||In the Hoover Dam visitor center, sitting on the welcome desk.||0015db39|
|Mormon Fort||In the Old Mormon Fort. As soon as you enter the fort, turn right, go all the way to the corner, and enter the door to the tower. The snow globe is located upstairs on a shelf.||0015db37|
|Mt. Charleston||In Jacobstown Lodge. The snow globe is sitting on the reception desk.||0015db38|
|Nellis AFB||Nellis Air Force Base, Nellis Boomer Museum. The snow globe is located on the table to the right, immediately after entering the building.||0015db3c|
|Test Site||In the cocktail lounge of the Lucky 38 Casino. The snow globe is on the counter "behind" the middle cash register with a green lamp next to it (you must first speak with Mr. House to gain access to this area).||0015db3b|
|The Strip||In the Vault 21 Hotel, on the nightstand in an average-locked room (Sarah's) in the northeast corner of Vault 21, next to the buyable room. The room also includes some wardrobes with caps in them. You can pickpocket Sarah for the keys if necessary.||0015db3d|
|Sierra Madre Casino||Located near Dean's Secret Stash in the upper levels of Salida del Sol North. From the southern-most entrance to Salida del Sol South (inside a house in Salida del Sol North), proceed down the stairway and out to the street, then look behind you for the entrance hole in the wall above. This area can be reached by going up the stairs located around the corner to the southeast and following the rooftops back towards the hole.||xx00fe80|
|Zion National Park||Found in the general store in the northwestern part of Zion, on the bottom shelf of a broken cabinet behind the counter.||xx00edf5|
|Big MT||Found in the X-17 Meteorological Station, in the room on the catwalk next to the model houses.||xx00cdc6|
|Lonesome Road||Found at the Junction 7 Rest Stop just past the High Road. When leaving the High Road, take a right, the shop is at the bottom of the hill. The snowglobe is upstairs, inside a fallen bookshelf.||xx004687|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Snow globes are marked as quest items and cannot be removed from the player's inventory (unless sold to Jane).
- Due to being marked quest items, snow globes have no net weight, despite being marked as having a weight of 1 lb.
- If you kill Mr. House, Jane will disappear, and you will no longer be able to remove the snow globes from your inventory.
- You need only obtain the snow globes to get the Globe Trotter trophy/achievement; you are not required to sell them. Snow globes found in the add-ons are not needed to gain the trophy/achievement.
- You cannot interact with the snow globes in any way after they are on the display shelf.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
It's for the Citizen Kane reference, partially because it's especially fitting for Mr. House. He has no interest in physically interacting with the world but wants absolute control over New Vegas. Snow globes are perfect static worlds in miniature that can't be directly touched but can be (literally) turned up side down any time the owner desires.”— J.E. Sawyer 
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the Globe Trotter trophy/achievement may not be awarded and there is no apparent fix. (Save before you pick up the last one.)(Confirmed)
- The Globe Trotter achievement is not always awarded immediately but is triggered when the next achievement is earned.
- Picking up a snow globe with the 'grab' key and shaking it wildly will sometimes result in the snow particles moving out of the confines of the globe.
- Sometimes, you can only sell snow globes to Jane one at a time, regardless of the number you've found.
- The Big MT Snow globe may be invisible (confirmed once on PS3 & Xbox). If the scrap electronics are picked up, just slightly in front, the floor will say Big MT snow globe (PS3). Look behind the console where the snow globe is located, look down and the name will appear (Xbox).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Base game snow globes[edit | edit source]
Add-on snowglobes[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- J.E. Sawyer on snow globes .