Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Sonic emitter - tarantula
|For an overview of sonic emitters that appear in Old World Blue, see Sonic emitter (weapon).|
Sonic emitter - tarantula
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The sonic emitter - tarantula is an Energy Weapons pistol with bonus damage against robots and power armor wearers, as well as a unique "critical strike incendiary" effect which ignites the target on a critical hit. This modulation of the sonic emitter has a purple oscilloscope.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Sonic emitter - revelation, the least powerful variant of the sonic emitter that paralyzes targets on critical hits.
- Sonic emitter - Gabriel's bark, a less powerful variant of the sonic emitter that has a knockdown effect on critical hits.
- Sonic emitter - opera singer, a less powerful variant of the sonic emitter that cripples limbs of the target on critical hits.
- Sonic emitter - robo-scorpion, a similarly powerful variant of the sonic emitter wherein the sound wave explodes on a critical hit.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Crit effect||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Revelation||Energy pistol||31+20||29.5||1||x1||18||Paralysis||Energy Weapons:50 Strength:2||-|
|Gabriel's bark||Energy pistol||55+20||56.9||1||x1||25||Knockback||Energy Weapons:50 Strength:2||Uses 2 EC per shot|
|Opera singer||Energy pistol||55+20||56.9||1||x1||25||Cripple||Energy Weapons:50 Strength:2||-|
|Robo-scorpion||Energy pistol||65+20||67.2||1||x1||30+100||Explosion||Energy Weapons:75 Strength:2||Uses 3 EC per shot|
|Tarantula||Energy pistol||60+20||62||1||x1||30+2(5s)||Combustion||Energy Weapons:75 Strength:2||Uses 3 EC per shot|
Locations[edit | edit source]
In Higgs Village House #00, on an inactive terminal on the second floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The critical hit incendiary effect creates a small fireball around the target, that potentially ignites nearby non-player characters.
- As with all sonic emitter modulations, it is necessary to install the Blind Diode Jefferson's personality chip before this remodulation can be applied to the sonic emitter.
- With the perks Pyromaniac and Laser Commander this weapon causes very high damage, and one of the critical incendiary effects is an autokill which explodes the target into fiery giblets.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The audio tape may fall off of console and become unreachable. Grenades may be able to get it out.