In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Space suit (Fallout: New Vegas)
|This page is about the REPCONN-brand space suit that appears in Fallout: New Vegas. For the USSA official space suit model seen in the Fallout 3 add-on Mothership Zeta , see Spacesuit.|
Space suit helmet
Utilized by such aerospace companies like REPCONN, the modern take of the USSA spacesuit is reminiscent of classic takes on space suits of the future, complete with a glass domed helmet with an antenna on top. The suit is also very similar to the suit of the Y-17 Trauma Harness. While untested in space, the suit is 10 times as protective as its predecessor and two pounds heavier, while apparently lacking or improving upon many of the cosmetic and mechanical features it had, such as oxygen tanks with a gauge, a personal transmission antenna and receivers, and a metal chest piece with another gauge on it. It is a light type of armor that can be repaired with radiation suits. The armor has one of the highest Damage Threshold of outfits in the light armor category, and the second lightest among those with a DT of 10 or more (the first being the all-purpose science suit, which has a DT of 13).
This armor is found while doing the Come Fly With Me quest in the REPCONN Test Site. It is found down in the REPCONN basement overlooking the irradiated rocket hangar, where you go to give the fuel and thrusters to the Bright Brotherhood, who are planning to use the rockets. The space suit and space suit helmet will be on a shelf to the left when you enter the door. Unlike the suit, the helmet does not provide additional radiation resistance.
The only other space suits are worn by Bright followers, who will be found in the irradiated hangar. By killing them, you can procure extra space suits.
- The space suit's radiation resistance effect is listed as "adv. radiation suit" in the status section of the Pip-boy.
- The suits are nearly identical to the Y-17 trauma override harness suits in the Big MT only missing the gloves.
- The space suit helmet can be repaired with a head wrap, even though it is made purely out of glass and metal.
- The helmet has several advantages: it does not decay, weighs nothing, and adds a decent amount of Damage Threshold. Also, you can still wear items such as the rebreather or other eye-wear while it is equipped.
- You can wear the space suit helmet over the Riot gear Helmet found in Lonesome Road.
Behind the scenes
- The space suit was inspired by this particular photograph, according to Josh Sawyer's Facebook account.
- The space suit (and helmet) can sometimes glitch, not allowing the player to wear them due to the text blacking out. Dropping the equipment and picking it up again seems to fix this.
- player.equipitem 00025b83. Since this is just an appearance malfunction, you do not need it at all. Equipping other armors will display that armor's corresponding left glove instead. If you put on the space suit, it will permanently remove your Pip-boy glove. This can be solved by using the console command
- An unlimited supply of this suit and helmet can be obtained by silently killing one of the Bright followers as they make their way to the basement. Once dead, search the dead follower's body and take the suit and helmet. After you complete the quest, go back to the body and the spacesuit and helmet will appear again. Sometimes, the suits and helmets cannot be worn, but they can repair other suits or be worn by companions.
- Attacking with a two-handed weapon (i.e. super sledge) in first-person view will cause part of the oxygen tank on the back of the suit to clip into your HUD. This is easily viewed with the camera pointing at a ~50 degree angle to the ground.
- The helmet can cause your hairstyle to change or disappear from sight. Sometimes, this can prevent the player to equip it.