Spruce Knob is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Spruce Knob is the highest peak in West Virginia, at an elevation of 4863 feet above sea level. This made it a natural spot for an observation tower, maintained by the Monongahela National Forest, overlooking the Spruce Knob Lake. The 900 foot tower was a tourist attraction and was eventually expanded with a monorail station to allow direct access to the camping grounds beneath the tower. After the Great War, the tower made a natural strongpoint and observation post for the Appalachian Brotherhood, who established a communications center and lookout tower on the observation deck. However, with the scorchbeasts running roughshod over Appalachia, they were forced to withdraw and abandon the installation, leaving the fortifications behind in a usable state.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The observation tower is impossible to miss and consists of the aforementioned tower and monorail station, flanking the sides of State Route 101. The tower provides a commanding view of the surround area, especially the lake, and contains a tinker's workbench. At the foot of the tower is the local workshop, allowing players to claim and build in the area. The location contains food (4), water (4), gold (3), copper (1), and acid (1) resource nodes, combined with excellent defensibility.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Bobblehead spawn: On the southwestern lookout point, near the survey marker.
- Magazine spawn: In the security booth at the foot of the Knob.
- Plan spawn: On top of control panel, to the left of tinker's workbench.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Canned dog food and other packaged foods, Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Duct tape, cigar box, cigarette, cigar, Blackwater Brew bottle, New River Red Ale bottle, Oak Holler Lager bottle, Old Possum bottle, Pickaxe Pilsner bottle
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Spruce Knob appears in Fallout 76.