Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Just outside the Galactic Zone, the Sole Survivor finds the remains of some traders that had tried to flee from the newly activated security of the zone in December 2286. A holotape on one of the bodies mentioned a mainframe called Star Control that may be related to the attack. Intrigued, the Sole Survivor investigates.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Approach the gates of the Galactic Zone.
- Enter the Zone. Head for the center spire and activate the mainframe. To turn it on, you need at least one, found on the body of Kendell Alston nearby.
- Install it to learn that you need to find a total of 35 cores.
- Find star cores across the Zone or kill every robot and turret in the Zone. Brute force works well.
- Install them at the mainframe. At 20 you can deactivate robots throughout the Galactic Zone, securing it.
- The quest is complete once you shut down the robots. However, you can continue to amass star cores and get to 35, at which point you'll be able to unlock the display case and collect the X-01 power armor.
Star core locations[edit | edit source]
- 4 are in the Starlight Interstellar Theater.
- 6 are in the Vault-Tec: Among the Stars exhibit.
- 6 in the RobCo Battlezone
- 7 in the Nuka-Galaxy
- Galactic Zone grounds:
- 1 on Kendell, near the mainframe.
- 1 in the alley behind the Starport, near the body of a trader and a dumpster.
- 1 in the Spacewalk corridor, near the RobCo exhibit.
- 1 in the control booth near Nuka-Galaxy, overlooking the splashdown.
- 1 on top of the ArcJet G-Force ride tower.
- 1 on top of the Starport Nuka spire (requires turning on power for the plant).
- 1 in a locked display case in the store above Star Control
- 1 at the Nuka-World junkyard, found in a computer on the upper level of the warehouse, near the animatronic alien trap.
- 1 at the Nuka-Town market, on Shelbie's counter.
- 1 at the Dry Rock Gulch, on a corpse between the stands near the Nuka mixers.
- 1 at the Nuka-Cade, in the maintenance workshop.
- 1 at the Nuka-Cola bottling plant, in the plant area, near the Quantum bottler and Lanier's corpse.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Investigate the battle site Read Tiana's Log
- Just outside the Galactic Zone, I found the remains of a battle between a group of traders and some robots. What happened here?
Locate Star Control
- Just outside the Galactic Zone, I found the remains of a battle between a group of traders that had tried to flee from the roots in the zone. A holotape on one of the bodies mentioned a mainframe called Star Control that may be related to the attack.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Some locations respawn, like the junkyard, allowing the player to bypass the requirement for turning on the power plant to acquire the X-01 power armor. Power is not required to be turned on to access the display case in this situation.