In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
A combat drug made from unspecified chemicals, it provides the user with a steady aim that makes it impossible to miss in sharpshooting. Steady drastically increases the accuracy of the user's ranged attacks. While the chem is active, idle sway is eliminated. At any viable V.A.T.S. range, most V.A.T.S. hit chances become 95% (with low spread weapons), or 76% if the user has the Fast Shot trait. With higher spread weapons, effects are more pronounced at shorter distances.
The item appears to be a makeshift inhaler crafted from an empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle, complete with a tinfoil heating element and a hose mouthpiece.
Due to the potency and untested nature of the drug however, it is also highly addictive. Like most other chems, using steady risks the chance of addiction, especially with a high rate of 80%.
- Steady can sometimes be bought at the Gomorrah Casino. Go to the bartender in the Brimstone showroom (near the courtyard).
- It can be found all around Vault 3.
- Also possible to buy from Carter in the NCR Correctional Facility
- It can also be bought from Great Khans, Jack sells it.
- It can also be bought from Blake at the Crimson Caravan.
- A bottle can be found near Christine's COS silencer rifle near little Yangtze in Old World Blues.
- The duration of each use of steady is increased by the Day Tripper and Chemist perks.
- This chem is best combined with the Logan's Loophole trait to eliminate the addiction chance.