Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
|Template: TPLT - TemplatE:NPC_ - Non-Player Character [0003A586] <LvlHunter> "Hunter"|
Template flags: Use Stats
The more time I spend talking to you, the less I spend watching for raiders. How the hell did you get up here, anyway?”
Background[edit | edit source]
Born in 2252, Stockholm is the Megaton gate guard and actually spends his time outside the city, manning the guard tower at the main gate. He loves the sun on his back, but he isn't quite as happy with the slightly radioactive grit from dust storms in his mouth.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
He is watching the surrounding area for enemies from a catwalk above the Megaton gates. There is a bed and chair on the catwalk, so presumably he spends all day guarding the gate and sleeps at night without ever leaving.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- When talked to on the balcony, Stockholm will complain that the more time he spends talking to the Lone Wanderer, the less time he spends watching for raiders, and wonders aloud how the Lone Wanderer got up there at all. This is the only interaction possible.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In a special encounter in Broken Steel, where some Megaton residents will attack a water caravan (unless they're convinced not to), Stockholm will assist the Megaton citizens, potentially resulting in his death as he draws fire from the caravan.
- Stockholm and the catwalk both have two iterations, hence the two Ref IDs. One is active when the Lone Wanderer is inside Megaton, and includes the bed and chair. The other, active when the Lone Wanderer is outside Megaton, does not have any furniture. Any items dropped on the catwalk or given to Stockholm in one iteration will not be available in the other.
- Normally, the Lone Wanderer can never gain access to Stockholm's platform (which leads to the comment he makes on the method the Lone Wanderer used to access the platform when spoken to). However, through console commands on the PC version (specifically the tcl command), exploitation of the V.A.T.S. melee attack teleporting, or through some clever jumping, the Lone Wanderer can get onto the platform.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Like many Megaton residents, Stockholm can fall from his perch. If he is engaged in combat and his health is reduced to less than 10 HP, he will fall and die. Should he survive, his dialogue remains unchanged, even though he is now encountered on the ground. Stockholm's fall will also occasionally follow a path other than down if he is killed, catapulting his body and loot across Megaton.
- Occasionally, if the entire town of Megaton is hostile, entering a building and waiting will cause Stockholm to come into the building and attack you. It is unknown why this happens or how he got down from the catwalk.
- On rare occasions, when the player first leaves the vault and discovers Megaton for the first time, Stockholm will be on the ground outside the main Megaton doors. His dialogue is the same as it would be if you spoke to him on his perch.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Stockholm appears only in Fallout 3
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.99: "Stockholm
Stockholm is the Megaton gate guard and actually spends his time outside the city, manning the guard tower at the main gate. He is 25 and loves the sun on his back, but he isn't quite as happy with the slightly radioactive grit from dust storms in his mouth."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)