Suffolk County Charter School
Suffolk County Charter School
"Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten"
Background[edit | edit source]
This charter school, operated by principal Jackie Hudson, was primarily made up of low-income and otherwise disadvantaged children. As such the school was constantly in need of a steady supply funding, something evermore hard to come by with the current socioeconomic situation. Seeing an opportunity for more funding the school decided to participate in the Nutritional Alternative Paste Program. A public-private venture by the federal government and in conjunction with the Vault-Tec Corporation. As an added benefit they would fund assemblies promoting safety; the first of which was on the 21st, it was about the dangers of strangers and given by Jangles the Moon Monkey.
During the period of the program, nothing but NAPP should be served to the students and eventually staff. No outside food was be tolerated on school grounds and scientists were periodically sent to observe reactions to the NAPP, and ensure proper testing conditions. Failure to comply would've resulted in a revoking of the funding.
Although the new nutrient-rich food paste was billed as a short term way to help the school and as long term a service to the country by helping push the limits on the knowledge of food and nutritional science. In reality it was an inhumane and immoral experiment on children; one with prolonged psychological and physical side effects. All observed effects were brushed off as "assuredly psychosomatic" and "possibly related to a lack of trust in the government."
This program was run continuously throughout the final week of October, 2077. Strict adherence to the program was kept, it became policy to throw away the parents carefully packed lunches. Even during the Glee Club's seasonal bake sale – to send their team to regionals – they were only allowed to sell colorful cups of food paste. All despite no one liking the flavorless pink sludge. Although flavor varieties would have been on their way pending continued success of the program.
When the Great War came to be, the staff and students who were on campus would (barring the dead from radiation exposure) become feral ghouls. These ghouls in turn would still be consuming the food paste two hundred years later and would have this paste to thank for their peculiarly pink complexion.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The exterior of the grounds has wandering feral ghouls with unusually pink complexion. The front of the facility has a school bus, while the back has rusted playground equipment.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
The front entrance leads past the front and principal's office. There is a collapsed stairway leading to the second floor straight ahead, and the south wing leads past some classrooms to the cafeteria. The back of the cafeteria has a chained door that leads to the front entrance of the school, as well a hole in the floor leading to the basement.
Basement[edit | edit source]
The basement is merely a storage area filled with a handful of feral ghouls. An elevator in the northern part leads up to a staircase to the second floor. There is an cooking station, an emergency generator still being powered by a fusion core, and a skeleton that appears to have been locked in a store closet.
Second floor[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The "Trapped In The Dimension Of The Pterror-Dactyls!" issue of The Unstoppables is found on the desk in the library, on the second floor.
- A fusion core is found in the generator in the basement.
- An overdue book is on a desk inside the room connected to the cafeteria (behind a Novice locked door). Another is found on the second floor behind and Expert locked door.
- Ten dishes of food paste can be found throughout the school, and an additional nine may be bought from the book return terminal in the library.
- School Announcements Oct 18th - on the principal's desk in the principal's office.
- School Announcements Oct 20th - on the podium of the cafeteria/theater.
- School Announcements Oct 22nd - on the desk in the library, next to the Unstoppables.
Notes[edit | edit source]
There is a teddy bear with eyeglasses sitting on books in a classroom, in a position as a student. Complete with lunch and writing utensils.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Suffolk County Charter School appears only in Fallout 4.
- Suffolk County Charter School terminals; Mr. Davidson's Terminal, > Complaint Letter Draft
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.384-385: "[6.19] SUFFOLK COUNTY CHARTER SCHOOL
The student base of this school consisted mostly of lower-income and disadvantaged students. These children were lucky enough to be chosen for trials of a new food substitute paste developed by Vault-Tec in conjunction with the U.S. government. The paste was intended to provide all necessary nutrition and have a shelf life of over 100 years. Despite some minor side effects, the paste is both nutritious and delicious. Why not try some yourself? You’ll be in the pink!
Inside, you must fight off a group of Feral Ghouls with an odd hue to their complexions. "
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- School Announcements Oct 18th
- School Announcements Oct 20th
- Suffolk County Charter School terminals; Principal's Terminal, > Documents
- Intervention note
- School Announcements Oct 22nd