We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
A church that was consumed into the ground by a freak sinkhole before the Great War. The site would be condemned and largely abandoned save for the occasional park ranger who would come to make sure no urban explorers would be trapped in the ruins, such as cryptid hunter Scott Conroy who would fall down the hole and break his legs. Unluckily, Kevin the park ranger who comes by to check on the sinkhole would fall into the sinkhole while he was checking for trapped persons but would remain uninjured. With both Kevin and Scott trapped with no way out, they would survive for a time by subsisting off moss, the occasional bug for protein, and some muddy but relatively safe water. Scott's leg would also heal, but due to the little wood available being too damp to construct a proper splint, his legs healed in maluninon, leaving Scott largely immobilized save for crawling with his arms.
The Great War would come and pass and both Kevin and Scott would still be trapped in tunnels of the sunken church. A raider from the Gourmands by the name of Micky would also fall into the pit that trapped Kevin and Scott. More time would pass and Micky would eventually kill Kevin by choking him in his sleep and would force Scott to eat his remains. Eventually, Scott would lose his mind and also kill Micky and eat his body. Scott, driven mad through sheer isolation and consuming human flesh would turn into a Wendigo. He would continue to haunt the tunnels of the Sunken Church waiting for anyone curious enough to search the church ready to kill and eat them.
Ironically, the strangler plants upheaving everything around the Mire would also raise the sunken church out of the ground enough to allow easy entering and leaving of it without falling into a pit.
Points of interest
- Entering the church through the bell tower and following the path to the sacrificial mound.
The sacrificial mound made by Scott Conroy
- Close by is a burial site where bank robbers had begun exhuming the coffins to bury a safe. The safe is locked with a key that can be found in Berkeley Springs.
- To the south at the high tension transmission tower is a makeshift bunker made of train cars with minor loot and healing items.
- Holotapes and notes
- Day 1: on a dirt mound towards the start of the church tunnel
- Day 82: located on the path towards the sacrificial mound
- A New Day: in the sacrifice room directly on the sacrificial mound
- Dynamic spawns
No location theme keyword variable specified - check the infobox!
Sunken Church appears in Fallout 76.