Sunnytop Ski Lanes
Sunnytop Ski Lanes
Sunnytop Ski Lanes is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a popular skiing destination, the Ski Lanes fell into disuse until the Diehards under Margie McClintock took it over and used it as their base of operations. After they went extinct, the lodge was claimed by new tenants.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The lodge is fairly large and shaped roughly like the letter Z, stretched out on a north-south axis. The central building is flanked by the main gate and courtyard in the west (with several intact vehicles and lots of open spaces for fighting) and the rear deck, which once provided guests with access to the slopes and luxury amenities. Now all of it is derelict, surrounded by traces of raider presence. The deck contains a bobblehead spawn in the skiing lift operator's hut, with a magazine spawn by the jacuzzi (near the rear courtyard). Another magazine spawn can be found by the northwestern end of the building, with a bobblehead spawn on the opposite side.
- The main lodge has three distinct floors. The central floor spans the length of the building and contains the reception and foyer in the center (check by the fireplace for a magazine spawn and the reception key holes for a key to the locked room in the northwest). Off to the south is the dining area and bar, with an intact banjo to get the Well Tuned bonus. At the southeastern tip are two guest rooms. On the opposite end are the rooms used by the raider leaders. In Margie's room is her terminal, a bobblehead, a locked safe, and Margie McClintock's Holotape.
- Upstairs at the southern end lies another guest room with a steamer trunk in the back, but the door is trapped: Opening it triggers a trap that will fire at the door immediately. The central part of the upper floor overlooks the foyer and contains minor loot scattered around the lounge.
- The basement below the foyer served as a rental shop and locker room for the vacationers. Behind the counter is a terminal (related to Key to the Past) with a bobblehead spawn next to it, with a weapons, armor, and a magazine spawn opposite. Around the bend, near the staircase leading to the foyer, is a power armor station with a random power armor spawn.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the rusting human cages with the skeleton draped on them, on the green tin roof porch of the side (southeast) building, on the southwest exterior side of that building (access via the smashed window from bedroom #6).
- On the ornate dresser with the skull and locked Guest Terminal (1), to the right of the large stone fireplace, in guest room #2.
- On the corner of the counter shelving, to the right of Vincent Fried's Terminal, southwest end of the ski rental counter, facing the lockers.
- On the corner of the computer bank, inside the tiny lift operator hut, by the ski gondola line.
- Potential magazines
- On the round table with the black-and-white parasol on it, by the curved perimeter stone wall overlooking the view to the east, with a broken tree trunk and a hot tub nearby (exterior).
- On the deck by the Raider corpse draped across the white wood recliner, on the outside raised wood deck to the northwest, attached to the main lodge, just above the parked gray bus (exterior).
- By the Raider corpse collapsed back in the chair, left of the main stone fireplace alcove with the Red Garden Gnome and two human cages on it, in the fireplace alcove with the large dark red sofa, southwest wall of the main lodge interior, opposite the double doors' rear entrance (interior).
- By the Raider corpse, near the crates and barrels in the southeast alcove, between the Armor and Weapons Workbenches, opposite the ski rental counter, inside the main lodge structure (lower floor).
- Potential power armor
- Basement level, near the staircase to the foyer.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sunnytop Ski Lanes appears in Fallout 76.