Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Super stimpak (Fallout: New Vegas)
Cleanup (Merge characteristics and cleanup of gameplay attributes, transclude history section as well?)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
|For an overview of stimpaks throughout the Fallout series, see Stimpak.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The advanced version of the stimpak boasts stronger healing drugs, delivered both via the syringe and a tributary ampule, both connected to a leather strap allowing to securely affix the contraption to the injection area. The analogue gauge displaying information is on top of the ampule. The powerful nature of the drugs used means that the delayed shock deals a minor amount of damage to the user after some time. It is a fairly rare item in the wasteland, usually only manufactured by high tech settlements like Vault City.
Gameplay attributes[edit | edit source]
Super stimpaks are a type of hand held medication used to healing the body. The item consists of a syringe for containing and delivering the medication, a gauge for measuring the status of the stimpak's contents, an additional vial containing more powerful dosage of the drugs, and a leather belt to strap the needle to your limb - an indication of a prolonged release and infusion of the drug into the blood stream, perhaps for increased absorption. When the medicine is injected, it provides immediate healing of the body's minor wounds, delivering between 60-180 hit points per injection, dependent on the level of the player's Medicine skill.
Additionally, it can be used to heal crippled limbs by injecting it directly into the affected limb - via the PipBoy interface. When used on a limb it heals a relatively high amount of damage on the limb, but slight healing on the body. Conversely, when used on the whole body, a relatively high amount of damage on the whole body is healed, but the limbs are healed only slightly.
In hardcore mode, super stimpaks will heal over time, versus instantly, and will not heal crippled limbs. Limbs can only be healed by a doctor or with the use of items that specifically indicate limb healing in their information, including, but not limited to, hydra, a doctor's bag, weapon binding ritual, daturana and healing poultice.
Super stimpaks are a more advanced version of the regular stimpak. While it heals more severe wounds, it also adds a debuffing "stimpak sickness" which happens after using a super stimpak - it causes a reduction in the players Strength and Agility. This stimpak sickness cannot be cured by Fixer, but can be countered with Buffout. This sickness can become very problematic, especially in combat, as it may cause the player to become overburdened and therefore slow in a critical combat situation.
Effects of Medicine skill[edit | edit source]
|10||+72 Hit Points||60||+132 Hit Points|
|20||+84 Hit Points||70||+144 Hit Points|
|30||+96 Hit Points||80||+156 Hit Points|
|40||+108 Hit Points||90||+168 Hit Points|
|50||+120 Hit Points||100||+180 Hit Points|
- Note: Strength and Agility are not affected by the Survival skill level.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Note: this item is also craftable via a dialogue option with Veronica, or with ED-E (with at least 1 rank of the Camarader-E perk).
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- 3 super stimpaks can be obtained by pre-ordering the Mercenary Pack. This pack is also part of the Courier's Stash add-on
- Goodsprings - Doc Mitchell has one on him.
- Callville Bay - Found inside the Boat Rental Shack.
- Sloan - 5 can be obtained from Chomps Lewis if the player informs him that they will deal with the nearby deathclaws.
- Black Mountain - In the storage building, under a metal pot on the first shelf on the left.
- Sierra Madre vending machine - Can be purchased in the Sierra Madre itself or at the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, after finding the super stimpak vending machine code. Dead Money add-on required.
- X-13 research facility - In the nightstalker test area of the facility, shooting the forcefield in the ceiling of the small room with the Strange Still with an upgraded sonic emitter will drop a super stimpak into the room. Old World Blues add-on required.
- Camp McCarran - 3 can be found in the supply tent located in the southeast corner of the courtyard.
- Can be bought from traveling merchants.
- With the Wild Wasteland trait, you can speak to Rex and ask if Jimmy fell down a well. This will add the Jimmy's well map marker, where a super stimpak can be found.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Restoring Hope - a super stimpak is required for the side quest, if the player does not have 75 medicine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The ingredients for making a super stimpack are similar to the components Myron needs to make them in Fallout 2 - he requires fruit, a Nuka-Cola and a regular stimpak.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- In Fallout 3 a model and icon for a super stimpak can be found in the G.E.C.K. editor, suggesting that super stimpaks was part of Fallout 3's development but were removed from the final release of the game.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.124: "Super Stimpak: Same as the basic stimpak, but with more and stronger drugs. It boosts your character's Hit Points immediately. Too much is bad for you, however. Each injection causes a Hit Point loss after a short period of time, reflecting damage to the character's tissues and to his or her system."