Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Effects[edit | edit source]
All unarmed and melee weapon attacks have a chance of knocking down your opponent. This does not affect 'automatic' melee weapons such as the Ripper or the chainsaw. The chance of knocking an opponent down is 15% while using an unarmed weapon or a one handed melee weapon, and 30% if using a two handed melee weapon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This perk is one of the few ways to gain challenges related to knock downs in the game. The others are the Ranger Takedown, brahmin tipping, Fire axe (Mauler), Knock-Knock (Mauler) and the companion Rex.
- You can knock down enemies with this perk even while they are already knocked down. Combining this with a weapon with high rate of attack can lead to situations where the enemy literally can't attack you.
- Knock downs can occur on killing blows, sending the corpse flying backwards. If this happens at the same time as a Bloody Mess death, disintegrating corpses can be flung incredible distances and/or pushed through solid objects.
- If another Melee Weapons or Unarmed user is knocked down while blocking, all subsequent hits on that fallen non-player character will act as if they were blocking.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- According to J.E Sawyer, the perk was inspired by deceased professional wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Super Slam may not work with unarmed weapons.
- Super Slam does not work with Unarmed weapons that come from add-ons.