|Crit Dmg||25||Crit % Mult||x1|
xx00d4ff (broken steel)
The super sledge is a melee weapon in Fallout 3.
The original incarnation of the super sledgehammer, produced by the United States military, is a bizarre looking weapon compared to its predecessor. The head of the hammer contains the kinetic storage device and a pair of faces that transfer the stored energy to the target. It is mounted on a shock damper held in place by springs, designed to reduce the recoil produced by the impact to manageable, non-lethal levels. Additional padding helps make it more comfortable to use, while a fixture at the terminal end of the shaft ensures it won't slip out of the user's hands. It is by far the most widespread model in the United States, commonly seen in the hands of high-tech factions and where the Brotherhood's own variant is not available.
It has an average swing speed, but further makes up for this with high damage. With a well maintained super sledge, and a high Melee Weapons skill, most enemies (including super mutant masters and Enclave soldiers) can be killed with a single hit.
- Fawkes' super sledge, a significantly better super sledge that does more damage, weighs 10% less, and has better durability.
- Super mutant overlord super sledge super mutant overlord, this version has an object effect which inflicts an extra 25 damage per hit when used by non-player characters against the player. This damage ignores Damage Resistance and is independent of the condition of the weapon. This version is otherwise identical to the standard version of the weapon., a variant carried only by the rare melee-equipped
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Discharge hammer , a cut version which inflicts additional electrical damage against robots.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|Fawkes' super sledge
- Star Paladin Cross' super sledge has a Base ID of 000B0E7C. It has unlimited durability, and weighs 3 pounds. All other stats are identical with the standard one.
- In the Operation: Anchorage add-on when fighting General Jingwei, power armor troops can be seen wielding super sledges. Strangely, there is no way to wield a super sledge yourself in the simulation.
Behind the scenes