Super mutant overlord
|[[File:EncSuperMutant07 (base for other variants)|
- Also has crDamage15 perk (1.5x damage dealt)
|Behavior||Attacks on sight|
Aggression: Very aggressive: Will attack enemies and neutrals on sight.
Assistance: Helps allies: Will help allies.
Confidence: Foolhardy: Will never flee or avoid anyone.
|Editor ID||EncSuperMutant07Rifle (base for other variants)|
|Form ID||0014238C (EncSuperMutant07Auto)|
Super mutant overlord (Fallout 4) is a creature in Fallout 4.
All Commonwealth super mutants are the result of The Institute's research into FEV, which began in 2178 under the auspices of Doctor Frederick. Research on samples acquired by the team was authorized by the Directorate and the program began despite the objections of some members of BioScience. Both women and men were abducted from the Commonwealth and submerged in The Institute's modified FEV, their mutations carefully tracked and extensively investigated. Successful mutations would be monitored to ensure survivability, then tagged and discarded. In layman's terms, The Institute was simply releasing super mutants into the wild, creating a scourge on the Commonwealth that lasted for years. In fact, the first super mutants attacked human settlements as early as 2180. Their actions were even more heinous considering the fact that in case the mutation destabilized, it would create horrifying behemoths: Warped, immensely powerful giants with a fierce territorial instinct.
Instiute super mutant
Super mutant overlord appears in Fallout 4.
- ↑ FEV lab
- ↑ FEV research notes: "Uhh... This is Doctor Elliott, with the official report for the Directorate from BioScience. The date is, umm, August 2178. I'm pleased to report that, as has been the case during my tenure, crop yields exceed expectations. In point of fact, everything down here is fine... with... one notable exception. Doctor Frederick has informed me that the Directorate has pre-approved research on samples of the FEV virus, which he already has in his possession. Now, I'm not one to question the Directorate... you all know that. I don't even want to know where this came from. But... well, this is troubling. Dangerous, possibly. I will do my best to make sure risks are minimized, but I really do hope that the consequences are understood."
- ↑ The Institute terminals; Terminal, Subject CM-153: "Baseline: Male, early 30s. Moderate overall health.
Post-submersion results: Physical condition consistent with standard results. Mental acuity charting slightly higher than average.
Subject Status: TAGGED, DISCARDED"
- ↑ Preston Garvey: "Those Super Mutants have been raiding across the Commonwealth for years. I'm glad to have the Brotherhood's help clearing them out."
- ↑ Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "The Minutemen first rose to prominence in the year 2180, when they defended Diamond City against a horde of Super Mutant attackers."
- ↑ The Sole Survivor: "Do you remember Edgar Swann?"
Brian Virgil: "Swann? ...Yes, I saw his file. He was one of our first test subjects, years ago. His mutations destabilized. Started turning into a Behemoth. ...You think that could happen to me? Maybe I'm fine for a few months, a few years, but... god. I couldn't live like that."
(Brian Virgil's dialogue)