The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
I have wired the building to broadcast a signal from this terminal that in emergency will detonate all chips. I pray that day never comes.”
The Surgeon is a hostile mad scientist whose headquarters are located in the CEO Offices of the Red Racer Tricycle Factory in Fallout 3.
A lunatic engaged in mind-controlling experiments, the Surgeon seeks to understand the brain patterns of ghouls and super mutants, with the prospect of selling this information on to the highest bidder. Fiddling with brains is something of a hobby for the Surgeon, and the good doctor’s first test-subject, a Ghoul now known only as “Stefan,” is evidence of the Surgeon’s trepanning prowess.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
- The Surgeon will be hostile towards the Lone Wanderer unless the Lone Wanderer wears the ghoul mask. If the Lone Wanderer wears the ghoul mask, The Surgeon will be friendly to the Lone Wanderer and can even be spoken to (though the Surgeon does not have much to say). All the Surgeon will normally say is "I'm not in the mood for you, asshole".
- There is a fail-safe built into the chips which will cause all the devices to explode if a signal is sent from a computer terminal in the office. If the Lone Wanderer's Science skill is high enough, the Lone Wanderer can initiate this control and consequently kill all the creatures in the Red Racer factory (except for the caged glowing one known as Stefan).
|The Surgeon's lab coat|
Tinted reading glasses
|The Surgeon's key|
Drops on death
- The Surgeon does not have a fixed gender or appearance, meaning the Surgeon's appearance is random every time.
- A vault jumpsuit can be seen under the Surgeon's lab coat.
- The Surgeon's only weapon (a missile launcher) will not be used if the Lone Wanderer manages to get close, reducing the Surgeon's danger significantly. Instead, the Surgeon will after a short time switch to attacking unarmed.
The Surgeon appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.100: "The Surgeon
A lunatic engaged in mind-controlling experiments, the Surgeon seeks to understand the brain patterns of Ghouls and Super Mutants, with the prospect of selling this information on to the highest bidder. Fiddling with brains is something of a hobby for the Surgeon, and the good doctor's first test-subject, a Ghoul now known only as "Stefan," is evidence of the Surgeon's trepanning prowess."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)