The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Oh, they're a shifty pack of rats.”— Swank
Background[edit | edit source]
Swank has been Benny's right-hand man since Benny took over the Mojave Boot-Riders and were made into the Chairmen. In All Roads, Swank carries out Benny's orders to poison the Singer in All Roads with "Vegas" (Psycho).
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Ring-a-Ding-Ding!: Swank is met by the Courier upon entry into the Tops casino. The Courier can make Swank aware of Benny's plans through a series of speech checks (15, 30, and 45) and is then allowed to progress to Benny's suite with all the Couriers weapons. You only need to pass the first two speech checks to gain access to your weapons.
- Proof can also be found along the way such as Benny's lighter, and distinctive cigarettes, along with other proof that can sway Swank.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the Courier opts to kill Benny in Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, Swank can later be heard "consoling mourners" in an interview with Radio New Vegas by saying, "If I know my pal Benny he's swinging with the big cat upstairs as we speak, or chasing some angel broad with cans as big as her halo". However, if the player has shown evidence to Swank that Benny attempted to kill the Courier, he will state in conversation he 'guesses he's the boss now'. He, along with everyone else in The Tops, will mention how he 'thought Benny was a stand up guy' and that he never saw him as a rat.
- If the Courier kills Swank, the Courier will be allowed to enter the Tops casino with all of his or her weapons.
- If the Courier convinces Swank that Benny is planning something under Mr. House's back, Swank asks the Courier what he wants to do. If the Courier says he/she wants to take Benny out now...Swank will send Benny to his room. There the courier can kill Benny. Afterwards if the player returns to Swank he will ask,"Has Benny been dealt with yet?" There is only one speech option as "Yes he is dead." Swank seems to rejoice this fact by commenting, "Guess that makes me the boss. Ring-a-ding!"
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If the Courier has the Black Widow perk and asks Swank about work, she can convince him to give her 100 caps to "buy something pretty."
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Grimy pre-War businesswear|
|M&A 9mm pistol|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In his appearances, he wears three different suits: black in All Roads, gray on his playing card and dirty white in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Interestingly, if you convince Swank to let you keep your weapons to deal with Benny, if you return at a later time, after Benny's death, he'll greet you with a hostile attitude if you talk to him such as, "Give us a good reason not to fill you with lead!", although he won't turn hostile.
- The quote mentioned above will go away once the Courier has done notable deeds, such as killing or disabling Mr. House, and eventually, that will go away as well, then permanently saying, "Something else you need?"
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Look for a man named Swank, Benny's second-in-command. He's always been a reliable, if unimaginative, employee." (Robert House)