In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Switchblade (Fallout: New Vegas)
It is a small knife that has a blade held in position with a spring. It has received a significant boost in damage compared to its counterpart in Fallout 3 but it is still one of the weaker melee weapons in the Mojave Wasteland. However, its small size makes it a holdout weapon, meaning it can be concealed regardless of Sneak skill.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 15 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- Freeside thugs normally carry a switchblade or another melee weapon like a knife or a straight razor.
- Can be bought from Mr. Holdout outside the Gomorrah casino.
- Primm, Vikki and Vance Casino - may be found inside a safe.
- The King's School of Impersonation, Freeside - can be stolen from a room on the second floor.
- Sometimes used by the Fiends.
- Commonly used by Powder Gangers.
- Can be looted from the body of Yvette.
- Is usually carried by the Scorpions Gang.
- Can be bought from multiple vendors across the Mojave Wasteland although it is not common.