As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Switchblade (Fallout: New Vegas)
It is a small knife that has a blade held in position with a spring. It has received a significant boost in damage compared to its counterpart in Fallout 3 but it is still one of the weaker melee weapons in the Mojave Wasteland. However, its small size makes it a holdout weapon, meaning it can be concealed regardless of Sneak skill.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 15 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- Freeside thugs normally carry a switchblade or another melee weapon like a knife or a straight razor.
- Can be bought from Mr. Holdout outside the Gomorrah casino.
- Primm, Vikki and Vance Casino - may be found inside a safe.
- The King's School of Impersonation, Freeside - can be stolen from a room on the second floor.
- Sometimes used by the Fiends.
- Commonly used by Powder Gangers.
- Can be looted from the body of Yvette.
- Is usually carried by the Scorpions Gang.
- Can be bought from multiple vendors across the Mojave Wasteland although it is not common.