Power armor frame
Powered Armor Frame
A West Tek internalized servo-system, that's what. Inside that baby, super is the new normal.”— Sturges
Background[edit | edit source]
The West Tek internalized servo system is the standard chassis for all power armor series. Powered by a back-mounted TX-28 micro-fusion pack generating 60,000 Watts of energy, the HiFlo hydraulics inside the frame increase the operator's strength and carrying capacity. More importantly, it boasts a standard fusion core interface allowing them to be powered from any core found in the wasteland.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The basis for all power armor suits, one can't wear power armor without stepping into the frame. Even without any pieces, a Power Armor frame provides a variety of advantages, like increased carry weight, greater melee damage and the elimination of falling damage.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- All power armor suits have a chassis by default.
- The player can also buy power armor frames from select vendors, like Proctor Teagan, to provide them with a fresh chassis.
- The Assaultron shopkeeper KL-E-O in the settlement Goodneighbor, is one of these vendors.
- Arturo Rodriguez at Diamond City is the third one.
- And finally, Rowdy of the Atom Cats is the fourth.
- Power armor specs: "The T-51b Powered Infantry Armor is designed with the latest passive defense features for both civilian and military disturbances. The back-mounted TX-28 MicroFusion Pack generates 60,000 Watts to power the HiFlo hydraulic systems built into the frame of the suit. Made of the latest poly-laminate composite, the T-51b shell is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2500 Joules of kinetic impact. The 10 micron silver ablative coating can reflect laser and radiation emissions without damage to the composite subsurface."
- The Sole Survivor: "One good idea can make all the difference."
Preston Garvey: "Sturges? Tell him."
Sturges: "There's a crashed vertibird up on the roof. Old school. Pre-war. You might've seen it. Well, looks like one of its passengers left behind a seriously sweet goody. We're talking a full suit of cherry T-45 Power Armor. Military issue."
The Sole Survivor: "What makes that Power Armor so special?"
Sturges: "A West Tek internalized servo-system, that's what. Inside that baby, super is the new normal. You'll be stronger, tougher, resistant to rads. And... Get the suit, you can rip the minigun right off the vertibird. Do that, and those Raiders get an express ticket to Hell. You dig?"
The Sole Survivor: "And I can use the minigun like a... rifle?"
Sturges: "Don't see why not. It'll have a manual trigger. Just aim it at the bad guys, and do the ole' "spray and pray." Now, as for the armor... It's outta juice. Probably has been for a hundred years. It can be powered up again, but we're a bit stuck..."
(Preston Garvey's and Sturges' dialogue)
- Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "Even without any pieces, a Power Armor frame provides a variety of advantages, like increased carry weight, greater melee damage and the elimination of falling damage."
- Fallout 76 loading screen hints: "Even without additional limb armor, a Power Armor frame still provides tactical advantages, like increased carry weight, greater melee damage and the elimination of falling damage."