This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "12.7mm round".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Any idea what weapon it will be used for?-bleep196- 22:11, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- 12.7mm pistol. Kris mailbox 22:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it should be known that the Desert Eagle also uses 12.7mm ammunition, so there's almost no way they can't include it now. 184.108.40.206 09:48, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- No, the Desert Eagle uses .50 Caliber ammo; and while .50 Caliber is technically the same size, that doesn't make it the same ammo. Kris mailbox 11:25, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- The Desert Eagle uses .50AE which is 12.7 x 33mm and I'd guess that's what this 12.7mm Pistol uses as well, there's really no way it could fire .50BMG, so all I'm saying is they'll probably have a Desert Eagle too.220.127.116.11 21:28, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
I would agree that the "12.7mm" round in NV is probably more comparable in size to the .50AE, .50GI, or at the most .50 beowulf cartridges, rather than being .50BMG or 12.7x108mm. We already know that there will be ".50MG" for the AM rifle, anyway. However I don't think this necessitates a desert eagle, especially when the 10mm pistol already has a lot of desert eagle aesthetics. Doesn't rule it out though.--18.104.22.168 02:00, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
If you have the cash, Contreras at Camp McCarran is easily the best source of ammo, he regularily has 1000+ 12.7mm rounds for sale. Not sure if you have to do his quest (which also gives This Machien unique rifle) since I hadn't bought anything from him until completing his mission.
- On my current playthrough, I went to Contreras fairly early in the game and he had well over 1000 rounds on my first visit to him (before starting his quest). I'm pretty sure that I was well under level 15 at the time. 22.214.171.124 15:43, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
anywhere else? eager to get this machine i removed cantreras from the game even before talking to him...126.96.36.199 19:23, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
Is the weight a bug? I think they accidentally put an extra zero in there and it's supposed to be 0.064. I don't see how or why this round would weigh less than a .22LR round. --Jimnms 02:44, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
If the rounds used composite shell casings it would greatly reduce their weight and explain why you can't recover spent casings after they have been fired since composite casings are not reusable--BattleBen 08:06, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Composite shell or not, the lead in a 12.7mm round alone would weigh more than a .22LR round. --Jimnms 21:45, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
Kind of trivial, but I did a little digging. I think they're are 12.7x54mm ammunition  They look identical to the ammo icon in your pip. Though I'm not sure how they'd actually fit in the pistol, so they might use a shortened casing. Or it's a complete oversight, which is pretty typical for these games, not that I'm discrediting anyone if that is true. I just think it's kind of strange that the pip boy image looks like a 5.7mm bullet, but is supposed to be short enough to fit in the pistol clip.AryeonosWhat!? 02:36, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Urh, that doesn't make any sense seing how that's effectively a rifle round. I'd say at best the charge size would be around 30 mm. YuriKaslov 02:39, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
12.7mm = .50 MG
- I believe it is a bug. I doubt they will fix it since they haven't fixed it by now. I imagine it would upset some people if they fixed it. Since it weighs so little, I'm sure some people are carrying lots of it, and if it were fixed in a patch, those people would suddenly find themselves over-encumbered. But isn't that why we play hardcore in the first place? --jimnms 22:02, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- See my explanation on the talk:.50 MG. Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 22:04, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
PLEASE tell me Joshua Graham can sell this,...I am trying to roleplay as a survivalist in Zion, and if it turns out the only way to resupply myself with 12.7mm is to complete the quest and take a trip to restock at the Gun Runners I am going to s**t a brick. :D.
And if he doesn't, is there any point anyone in Zion uses a 12.7mm-chambered weapon, like the White Legs, or anywhere it can start to be looted from at specific levels, or is it just impossible to get more ammuntion for this gun until the main quest's completion? Sorry, I forgot to add this on in my original post. Troy242621 19:08, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Juli patch Weight
The Juli patch increased the weight. With the Pack Rat perk (all items at or below 2lbs now weigh 50%) the Pipboy states 0.03 for 1 round of 12.7mm This is probably to undo the major advantage of thousands of rounds for weapons capable of doing almost the same as the .45 Auto weapons. Though I didnt like the change at first, I can understand the purpose and, in fact, did not understand why the 12.7mm round was that low in weight. --Radnus 21:16, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, no more running around with the Survivalist Rifle and 1300 rounds weight only 5 lbs. LOL Brfritos 03:35, July 29, 2011 (UTC)