This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Andy (Ranger)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
I talked to Ranger Andy after I bought the key to the motel room at the Dino Dee-lite motel. I listened to him tell me about how he used to be a ranger and the guys are still coming around and he talks of how he misses it. I beat him in a speech check for 30 after listening to him talk about how he had hurt his leg a couple of times, and he taught me a melee move called the Ranger takedown. After that I talked to Boone up top in the dinosaur and went and rested in the room. When I woke up, I went over to Ranger Andy again to ask him about Boone and his wife. When I entered, the first thing he said was something like 'hey don't worry, you'll get a hang of that move sooner or later'. After I asked him for the info, he asked me to go check on his ranger friends and gave me a note. I'm off to do that now. - Namelesswalaby 20 October 2010 1528hrs
The article says that taking ED-E into Andy's room makes Andy hostile, but I have taken ED-E in there a number of times with no hostility.Pumpkin Masher 13:38, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, I was a bit skeptical about the theory myself, but I brought ED-E in there with me an Andy started attacking me. But, when I loaded my save again and told ED-E to wait, he wasn't. I tried it twice... A bug maybe? SSDGFCTCT9 (Talk) 13:42, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Can't get Raul to react to Ranger Andy in order for him to continue his stories and complete his sidequest. I talked to Ranger Andy and completed his request to check Ranger Station Charlie for him, but I did so before I had Raul in my party, so I'm thinking that it has something to do with that. Now when I speak to him he doesn't explain enough backstory to trigger a response from Raul, which I assume is what causes it. Yet another bug it seems. --Brent Andrew DeBoard 00:10, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I too am experiencing the "bug" that Raul is not reacting to Ranger Andy, can anybody confirm? 188.8.131.52 22:47, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm that Raul isn't responding to Ranger Andy. I went to Loyal and Sterling, and they both worked, but even after I searched Charlie I didn't get a response.
Is no-one else curious as to how Andy's hat stays perched on the top of his head the way it does? Monkoii 16:03, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
(Another) Bug Fix
"There is a bug that will not let you speak to Ranger Andy and the screen goes in for a conversation but then recedes the reason is unknown for now."
I got this glitch, I know why it happens, and I know how to fix it, at least for the PC.
I THINK you get this glitch by visiting the ranger station before talking to Andy, then talking to Andy, getting the dialog about checking on the station, and then within the same conversation, passing the speech check to get the Ranger Takedown move. In addition to glitching any further dialog with Andy, it will also break the unmarked quest at the station -- the massacre will never take place. Since the takedown move is normally a reward for completing the unmarked quest, passing the speech check cancels the quest, and then also glitches Andy.
The way I fixed it was to use the console to give myself the note regarding the ranger station again.
player.additem 000ccfc9 1
Receiving the note re-initiates the unmarked quest, and in so doing, fixes Andy's dialog (you can talk to him again).
Just received the glitch taking the speech path mentioned above, the console command also fixed it. --Jozeff1977 15:47, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Hey I tried the console command but when I go to the station and come back he their is no speech option about the legion is their any way to delete the holotapes through commands and re-add them?
- Thanks, man, you're a lifesaver! Ran into this bug the other day and would have lost about ten hours of gameplay if it hadn't been for that command! Btw, it doesn't seem to be discovering the station as such (worked fine in my previous game with a different character), but something in the discussion with Andy, probably the speech check and reward as you suggested. Could this fix please be included amongst the bugs paragraph?RadiationStorm 22:08, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
"set "00084233".bRangerStationCharlieStage to 0" Entering this command does not have any effect on the game since bRangerStationCharlieStage is an unknown parameter/function name. Please check spelling. Aforementioned fix with "player.additem" console command helped fix the issue, thanks.
- Yep, didn't work for me either. Have added the helpful command to the page.RadiationStorm 16:08, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Charlie and Andy bugged for ps3?
I just talked to Andy for the first time, used the speech check and learned the unarmed move. I then went to check on Charlie for him, found everyone dead, and only one of the holo-notes. I went back and told Andy they were all dead, then he said it needed to be looked into to see who did it. I went back to the camp, found the 2nd holo-note, then went back to talk to Andy to tell him who did it, but I don't get any new dialogue options to tell him. What should I do? Is there a next step to this or is the quest supposed to end here or is just bugged and I can't complete it now? I can't go back to any prior saves unfortunately. Thanks.
- O-O, so theres an unmarked quest? from the second playthrough till now everytime i came into novac he wasnt there... he was already at Ranger Station Charlie walking around an when i talk to him i can only say goodbye or something. (is this a bug thats not been fixed yet?