Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Anti-materiel rifle".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 bug
- 2 Must Be a Glitch
- 3 Unobtainable Rifle
- 4 Spelling Fail
- 5 Anti-material rifle does more than 110 damage
- 6 Unique variant?
- 7 Possible Glitch
- 8 based on gun
- 9 real life gun
- 10 AMR usage guide.
- 11 Rapid Reload not working half the time
- 12 Sneak?
- 13 Scope magnification
- 14 centurion armour
- 15 glitched
Why is the ranger combat armour specificaly mentioned that the AMR gltches into? Envlave power armour the body and barrel are so glitched as to be flush with the back cooling unit, it glitches through the sack on female farmhand outfit and several others. This bug edit is primarily cosmetic & a purist players pov and therefore unnessisary.
Bug that exists is when crouched zooming in in first person and back out sometimes results in the gun being held so the rear of the stock is infront and you can see the ends of the first person arms like the gun & model in first person have been shifted upwards. (may occur more regularly on an incline) (on my phone, so cant do.too much, just think my main weapon should be right) I use incendiary rounds on radroaches ffs...
Must Be a Glitch[edit source]
Having this weapon out with incendiary ammo equipped has yielded some strange results for me. Just entering V.A.T.S. and exiting without targeting sets the victim on fire! They take damage and eventually die, with no hostility from other NPCs or infamy with factions. I'm playing on XBOX 360.--18.104.22.168 01:36, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Ya, it's a listed bug BUT it's patched so if you patch the game, that'll fix it. Just connect to XBox Live. --Kris 01:44, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Unobtainable Rifle[edit source]
Where can I find the Anti Material Rifle . I already went to Gun Runners but I can't find it. I'm already LVL17 but I can't find it is this another glitch?--Help2099 12:29, December 2, 2010 (UTC)Help2099
- The gun runners' stock changes every few days, so come back after a few days have passed and they may have it then. You can also do the quest line for the brotherhood of steel and once finished will gain access to their higher wares, which includes this rifle. Since the rifle isn't very common, it is best you have the Jury rigging perk in order to keep it in good condition. --Pongsifu 13:24, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Best, easiest, and by FAR cheapest way to keep it repaired is with Weapon Repair Kits. I'd much rather sell spare rifles for caps than use them to repair my AMR. --ZappaFan 17:52, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
- You can repair it with Varmint Rifles (using the Jury Rigging perk), which in my opinion is way easier as you don't need to pick up all the crap. But thats just a matter of taste. xNOKIx 09:56, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
one of the veteran rangers usually have a AMR at camp forlorn hope
Spelling Fail[edit source]
Guys, it's spelled "Anti-Material Rifle" not Anti-materiel rifle". I would change it myself, but I can't edit this page for some reason. --Lolwat404 15:56, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
No, it definitely isn't. 'Materiel' is a term for all things military. Ergo, 'anti-materiel' rifle means a rifle which is designed to destroy anything military.
Oh shit, my bad XD --22.214.171.124 03:27, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
Honestly... does it really matter what the 'proper' terminology or even spelling for this is? It should be however it's spelled within the game. After checking it's "Anti-Materiel Rifle." Completely disregarding whatever it means, I'd just put a thing somewhere saying this is how the game spells it or something along those lines, it should stop some future arguments happening... but I'm lazy and am a noob at changing junk like that so I'll leave it to someone that's a bit more experienced Mortigneous 05:39, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Its already there, just click edit to see what I mean, there is editors nots that are not displayed in the page unless editing the page. 05:45, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
Materiel is the French word for military ordinance, ergo "anti-tank" rifleTozzler 05:36, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Actually it's a word that means "ordnance." An ordinance is a type of law. Also, "anti-material" rifle makes me think of some kind of anti-matter gun, lol.126.96.36.199 06:04, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
"Materiel" generally means any "hard targets" like tanks, armor, etc.. lol @ ordnance/ordinance
Anti-material rifle does more than 110 damage[edit source]
In my file, the Anti-material rifle does 118 damage. 100 guns skill.
mine does 150 damage with match rounds and 100 guns ThatWhiteboy98 17:12, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Just checked the GECK with the latest patch and for me it is showing as 150 damage! ☣Avatar☣ 02:45, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT: My bad, I was looking at Olivers AMR, the standard AMR reads as 110 damage.
My Xbox 360 version is saying that the Anti-material rifle does 118 damage per shot, maybe it's a glitch, or maybe the GECK is wrong.
- Yes Nitty, Oliver's AMR - Geck ID "VHDOliverSniperAntiMaterielRifle" base ID "001724f2", both AMR's are named Anti-material rifle in your inventory. But Olivers was used for a NPC NCR sniper who is used in a cell within the Hoover damn called Oliver's compound and labeled NCR Obsolete and has 0 uses. It health is doubled and DMG is set at 150. so it is pretty much cut content.
- As for those with 118 damage it has to be perk related, I ran a debug charactor with 100 guns and 10 strength and got 110 damage. I then ran a script which gave me all the perks and that put it up to 139 Damage, so there is a perk that actual mods the damage and is the most likely cause for yours showing 118 damage, dont forget the DMG displayed in the pipboy takes all things into account, perks, traits, strength, weapon skill, weapon condition and ammo. ☣Avatar☣ 23:42, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT, looked into it and bloody mess with lord death perk would give you 118.8 damage.
How about Incendiary ammunition with the Pyromaniac Perk?
the AMR does 118 damage with the bloody mess and lord death perks
Unique variant?[edit source]
- No, there isn't- does such awesome rifle NEED one? it's practically a semi-unique gun in itself (pretty rare for most of the game) Nathan Hale 12:28, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Well' there's a unique variant that was cut (Oliver anti-materiel rifle). --Anon
talk13:24, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
Possible Glitch[edit source]
I decided to use Weapon Repair Kits to repair my half-broken AMR, it is now at full condition, but in the weapon repair list, it shows the AMR at around 120-125% condition. I'm on PS3 User:ValoR I did the same thing and my AMR is practically indestructable. i wonder if this works for all weapons. this was on the 360. --PowerArmored 17:58, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
based on gun[edit source]
this gun's model is almost unquestionably based on if not fully the same as the french 'PGM Hecate2' rifle, look up images of it if you have to. where should this go in the article if at all? feel free to edit it urself if you know what to do, i wont/can't because im a very paranoid noob at wiking
we're not allowed to make comparisons to real life weapons, no matter how obvious, and furthermore go back a page, I already made a talk page about this.(when I was an anon)
- Oh, we're allowed to. Just not in the articles.
- Go see Arenovalis's retexture for this. He just makes it more rusty and stamps PGM HECATE II on it.
- I wonder if Hecate herself would use one? :D Nitty Tok. 00:18, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Why not compare with real life weapons? it could be fun trivia for people that maybe intrested, BTW: Should it not be spelled with capitals like in-game? Anti-Materiel Rifle rather then Anti-materiel rifle? CrossFeast 21:23, April 29, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
real life gun[edit source]
the anti material rifel is actual based off of a real life french anti material rifel cosmeticly the same and even got the same magazine capacity of 7 and of course fires 50bmg
- As said above CrossFeast 21:25, April 29, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
so what if its based off a weapon. Fallout new vegas is an extremely huge map with loads of quests and items. it would be stupid to handcraft everything. AwesomeGordo 21:33, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
- The most weapons in fallout are pre-war weapons, weapons that were created before the war and then recoverd by survivers.
AMR usage guide.[edit source]
Some people find that this gun is too expensive to use (ammo is about 6 or so caps each, and degradation is rather extreme for most firearms. This can be offset and dealt with rather easily.
First, let's build a skill makeup: Regardless of tag skills, the way I normally have my character at this point is- Guns: 100 Repair: 100 Barter: > 50
This allows the proper usage of the AMR, and allows you to craft the .50 Match ammo. The problem you'll find with turning stock .50 MG rounds into .50 Match will be more with obtaining rifle powder. So even from the earliest point in your gamplay career, buy jars of the stuff to try and offset your deficit.
Now you need to obtain money, this can be done easily by gambling on the Strip; earning The Courier Who Broke the Bank will add at least 30000 caps to your coffers to help supply you with weapons and ammo. On top of that, you can do other things. Assuming you hate Energy weapons as much as I do, you can grease the Van Graffs and loot the Silver Rush, with the use of Weapon repair kits, you can make each plasma rifle worth 1300 caps, each multiplas rifle 2500 caps, and even a rare Plasma Caster for 7000 caps, along with the numerous ammo, grenades, and mines to loot, along with pieces of combat armor and additional weapons taken off of the Van Graffs. Another way to make sure your financially set is to complete Dead Money and use one of the various exploits the game has to get all 37 Gold Bars out of the Sierra Madre, which will net you a collection of wealth worth up to 380,000 caps. This will give you the funds to buy the rifle and all the ammo you could ever want for it. and high strength
(you don't need any "exploits" to take all the gold bars, just a few perks and high strength)
Speaking of Dead Money, grab the code for weapon repair kits and break the Sierra Madre casino and turn in your chip voucher. This will give you an extremely ample supply of weapon repair kits (each kit is worth 20 chips, so if you blow the whole voucher on kits, that's 50 Weapon repair kits every three days). This will allow you to counteract the degradation of your AMR along with your backup weapons.
Keeping all this in mind will help you keep your .50 AMR in the best shape possible, along with putting those Rangers to shame.
--Caustic260 04:11, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Expensive? Consider the cost versus damage per bullet. Standard rounds are actually remarkably cheap unless you waste them on trash targets. If you like jury-rigging, being able to fix it with varmint or service rifles, I think the ease of maintainance is one of the few perks of the thing. 188.8.131.52 21:08, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
The varmint rifle isn't the only cheap weapon it can be repaired with if you have "jury rigging" the single shot shotgun is another cheap weapon that can be used to repair the AMR with. Everyone has a safe house just stow the cheap weapons from the beginning of the game instead of selling them and pick up jury rigging so you can repair all your end game items dirt cheap. 184.108.40.206 01:19, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
Rapid Reload not working half the time[edit source]
Going from AP to Incendiary rounds etc. using this gun with Rapid Reload, I notice that the reload speed is the same as without the perk. This is fixed by selecting another weapon, changing its rounds, and then selecting the Anti-Materiel weapon and holstering it. If you change rounds, the reload speed is now faster (the speed of rapid reload).
This temporarily fixes the glitch/bug
Ok, I read the holdout on this weapon, and on the weapons list of ALL weapons, it says it can be sneaked in without any sneak level. Is this true or am I going to waste major money buying it for an assassination?
- You read the table wrong. The '1' in the rifle table stands for "Scoped by default." No rifles can be used as holdout weapons. 00:12, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
Scope magnification[edit source]
If someone with access to edit the article feels up to it, they could add in the magnification level of the anti-materiel rifle, which is approximately 3.13x, placing it just below the top tier of 3.5x magnification that some other weapons have(hunting rifle, Ratslayer, All-American, laser rifle, etc.) with their scopes. Virxas 11:25, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
centurion armour[edit source]
Can this kill a centorion in one shot to the torso (Cjbeattie 20:21, September 11, 2011 (UTC))
Depends on many things. Their current health, your guns skill, whether it's a critical hit, what ammo type you're using, the condition of their armor, the condition of your gun, and the difficulty you're playing on. For me, having a guns skill of 100 and playing on Very Hard with no critical hits and the Centurion having full health? I need two shots at most. --With care and happiness, Supermutantslayer450' You will know the truth... And the truth will set you free.. 17:14, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
my AMR seems to be glitched. it has 111 set base damage (i do have lord death perks active so this is explained) but it also has a curiously higher value then other AMRs, 8747 at full repair. another thing i've noticed, although i can't prove, is that it seems immune to degrading. i use it a lot as it is a good gun (and i like to pretend i'm a veteran ranger) and i've yet to actually ever need to repair it, despite burning through dozens of shots.
i bought it from the gun runners in the stock patches, i downloaded the rest at once after buying the gun, which is where i noticed the value took a rise. --220.127.116.11 02:42, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
The AMR is going to be worth more when mods are added, it's the same for all modded weapons, but the condition not degrading could be a bug, maybe not a bad one, since every 5 shots the gun degrades by 1 percent. I'd say it should be put in the Bugs section just in case others have the same issue, but the value rising is caused by the mods being added. In order to prove that the gun has not degraded, shoot normal .50 MG rounds about 10 times. That should degrade it by at least 2% then go to the Mojave Outpost and ask for repairs. If it shows that it needs repairs, then it's not really a bug, you just haven't noticed the decrease in condition. Try using it extensively for a good 2 days, and see how much it degrades before it stops. Some guns don't degrade after 80% which could be happening to you. Felix Brehh 03:23, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
ive already, uh, 'researched' it extensively. its been my primary weapon for a good week or two, and it's yet to degrade- at all. the bar is 100% yellow. and it isn't the GRA AMR, so i don't have any mods installed. --18.104.22.168 04:38, October 23, 2011 (UTC)