Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Billy Knight".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
real comedian[edit source]
Billy while preforming, may say " New Vegas hotel rooms are tiny. I put the key in the key hole and broke the window." I can't remember who, but i KNOW a comedian has said that once, but he said " Japanese hotel rooms are tiny. " Does anyone know who that might be? Wasteland Jesus 21:42, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
This guy is awesome.[edit source]
This guy is great. His jokes may be cheesy, but thats what I love. When you send everyone to the Tops, do they actually perform?
- Yes. My favorite line is when he talks about the water and adds "and it burns." 126.96.36.199 03:54, February 21, 2011 (UTC)Kaz
- The fact that he's voiced by Rob Corddry only makes him even more awesome. Sangheili1024 11:15, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
Reference to Rodney Dangerfield?[edit source]
I was thinking that Billy Knight might be a reference to the famous comedian, Rodney Dangerfield. Not only are many of his jokes taken from Rodney ("I take my wife everywhere, but she always finds her way back." for instance), but his style is also the same.
I agree, the same goes for Hadrian, both of them have a sense of humor similar to Dangerfield.
A closer comparison would be Henny Youngman, who's career started long before Rodney, and had a similar voice and look back in the 40s to Billy.
List of Jokes[edit source]
Somebody should make a list of all of Billy's jokes, that would be awesome.
- I found a vid on Youtube with subtitles. I put the extra comments he adds in parentheses since they aren't subbed.
- "It's great to be here at the Tops, folks. The room I'm in has a lovely little closet. A nail. (Ho!)"
- "I had dinner at the Ultra-Luxe the other night. I told them my steak tasted funny. They said it was a clown. (I ate a person!)"
- "I take my wife everywhere, but somehow she keeps finding her way back. (I did it!)" or is it "I didn't"?
- "I try to be frank and earnest with women. In New Reno, I'm Frank and in the Boneyard I'm Ernest. (Oh, no!)"
- "I've been married for 17 years. Where did I go wrong? (oh!)"
- "I've been in love with the same woman for 17 years. If my wife ever finds out, she'll kill me! (No!)"
- "So I hear Mr. House runs the Strip. He took it over from the last guy, Mr. Mob-Infested Hellhole. (Did he just say that?)"
- "I love these robots with the friendly little policeman's faces. Sure, they still rough you up, but they look so happy!"
- "My wife and I know the secret to a happy marriage. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant. She goes Mondays, I go Fridays."
- "People say it's hard to survive the Wasteland - hey, how hard can it be, the water glows in the dark! (and it burns)"
- "My hotel room is so small, when I put the key in the lock, I broke the window!"
- "I hear James Garret drove 5,000 head of Brahmin to New Reno. No bodies, just the heads."
- "I bought my wife a little car here in New Vegas. An Omerta. It has a hood under the hood. (Aye yai yai)"
- "I know a guy, his motto is Love Thy Neighbor. He lives next to a brothel. (Oh, no!)"
- "They really care about your privacy here at the Tops. Even room service has an unlisted number! (What!)"
- "I told my wife she's good-looking for a ghoul. It's just too bad she's not a ghoul. (Aye yai yai)"
- "Hey, what about that suit Benny wears? If I had a suit like that, the ladies would be all over me. What, you expect a punchline? The guy pays my salary!"
- "A ghoul goes to a doctor and says 'Doctor, Doctor, I have this horrible rash!' The Doctor says 'Son, that's called your face.' (Ding-dong!)"
- There are a couple of inconsistencies between his lines and the subtitles, so I went with what he says in those cases. 188.8.131.52 04:34, February 21, 2011 (UTC) Kaz
Fixed a note[edit source]
I removed the inaccurate note, "If you used Barter to convince Billy he was worth more, the next time you speak to him he will appear to be more snobbish, and want nothing to do with you." He makes the same snobby "bookie" remark whether you use Barter or avoid it the both times it's offered (by Billy or Torini).
In reference to another note, when has he used Yiddish? I haven't heard any, unless I'm missing something.
184.108.40.206 06:43, February 21, 2011 (UTC) Kaz
Henny Youngman?[edit source]
Could Billy Knight's jokes be a referance to Henny Youngman? Watching Goodfellas right now and this guy is belting out the same jokes almost word for word in one scene. 00:49, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
I believe Billy Knight may be a reference to British comedian/actor Bill Nighy. Similar name, similar voice, English accent, similar orientation of eyebrows.