Talk:Bleed Me Dry
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Bleed Me Dry".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Bleed me without taking caps
- 2 Cazador Egg Location
- 3 Noting for the ladies!
- 4 Where are all the giant mantis eggs????
- 5 Alternate route
- 6 Level Dependent Creatures
- 7 Umm...
- 8 Questions regarding how many Eggs and Animal Friend Perk
- 9 Easily Confused Reader - Me Again
- 10 Ending bugged?
- 11 Additional Radscorpions?
- 12 "Oh daddy!"
- 13 Spelling Error on Radscorp Return
- 14 Bleed me dry, red ruby bug?
I finished this quest, but now Lucy just lays on the bed all day saying "Lay down with me my hunter." instead of doing her regular routine as fight arranger in the Thorn. Anyone find a way past this bug? TheTrueBlue 10:35, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
just go back to her bed and sleep for like 24hrs and then you can talk to her again
- Thanks, that worked!!!TheTrueBlue 01:20, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
Bleed me without taking caps[edit source]
Anyone know if the it makes a difference if you complete the quest without taking the caps?
- As Lucy says "your gratitude is appreciated, but it means nothing for the Thorn" ;-). You can refuse the caps, but this don't make any difference whatsoever regarding the quest ending, alignment, karma, etc. Brfritos 02:21, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't ever take any caps and by the end Lucy said she was beginning to believe there was something special about me. But, I didn't get anything more from her (not even Karma as stated above). --Deboriole 03:20, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm doing the quest without taking caps and so far she's given me a hunting rifle for the radscorpion eggs and a hunting revolver for the nightstalker eggs. 126.96.36.199 18:45, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I took the caps without the barter check and got the huting rifle for the radscorpion eggs.Maddogg408 18:16, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
Cazador Egg Location[edit source]
It looks like you can also get to the cazador egg location from the Mt. Charleston area (Jacobstown or Ranger Station Foxtrot) as well as Red Rock Canyon. Basically, from Highway 157 between Jacobstown and Ranger Station Foxtrot head southwest into the forest. There are groups of cazadores to fight through before the egg nest just like the Red Rock Canyon route. Mbg1122 01:13, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Try to do Old World Blues before you mess much with cazadores. If you get all the cazador-related and poison-resistance perks in OWB, cazadores are reduced to no more than a nuisance. Wunengzi 08:29, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
- A hunting shotgun with a choke and standard shells will shred the cazadores fairly well. You don't need the perks, just the right hardware. I also took out the final group at the egg clutch with a single well-tossed plasma grenade. TestECull
Noting for the ladies![edit source]
Sucks for us female players :D Would be nice to have a man to have a similar "quest" with!
Masha 20:39, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
I guess you don't swing both ways huh? lol... You could always got to The Atomic Wrangler and have a romp with Santiago or Old Ben.
- I agree that this game is geared toward people who like women. The only guy I was able to sleep with was Benny! --Deboriole 03:22, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
- seriously though, red lucy is obviously mentally unstable, not to mention extremely creepy. i dont think you are missing out on much.
Where are all the giant mantis eggs????[edit source]
I looked all over the Internet and only came up with the fact that they are in a pile of eggs and I looked in the said location and only a sigle egg was found and the wiki entry was un helpful please. I want the dinner bell ( ps I'm on 360)
- in vault 22 in the caves. i forget exactly now, but there was a mantis named 'female mantis' right in front of them. just explore thoroughly and you should find them.
Alternate route[edit source]
I added an alternate route to the Cazador eggs, from either Ranger Station Foxtrot or the Remnant’s Bunker. I don’t actually think that red rock canyon route was meant to be taken. I managed to make it up that hill, but only after messing around for way longer than the route I listed takes.ReapTheChaos 13:02, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
Level Dependent Creatures[edit source]
The article needs to be rewritten, as the locations have different enemies depending on level. Especially Dead Wind Cavern which has x4-5 adult deathclaws at the entrance (and as soon as entering) if the player is high level and no baby deathclaws whatsoever. Mictlantecuhtli 15:40, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I think what spawns is entirely random. I’m at level 30 and I just went there, outside I had 2 adult and 2 young deathclaws. Inside I had an even mixture of adult and young as well as the Mother and only two adults spawned just as entering.ReapTheChaos 02:34, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I too think the spawn table is not tied to level, at least not too closely. I killed a legendary Deathclaw in there on Hardcore/Hard at level 15. Only took me thirty-two tries. Brianbreed 23:12, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah that's because the legendary deathclaw is always there, even at lvl 1. It's the only one in the game. Mictlantecuhtli 12:26, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
Well I was at level 30 and encountered 2 deathclaws and 2 baby deathclaws at the entrance, so I think the spawn is random too and not level tied. Brfritos 05:23, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
You can also get an extra 8000 or so caps if you go into the nightstalker lair, grab the key that is on the campfire near the eggs and open a gate near the opening or "door" of the cave. just thought id throw that out there to help someone out!
- Better add that there's a tripwire connected to about nine grenades, so if you don't want to go boom boom bye, take care of that first. I think it can be disengaged before you open the door, through the fence. Wunengzi 05:40, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Questions regarding how many Eggs and Animal Friend Perk[edit source]
The article notes that you need 12 of each type of egg - except for Radscorpion Eggs, Nightstalker Eggs, and Deathclaw Eggs. I assume that you need 12 (of each) for these as well. Is that true? Should the article clarify this -- or maybe I'm just blind.
Another question -- the article says that one does not have to worry about the Nightstalkers if the character has the Animal Friends perk -- yet the same paragraph says that the character has to beware of the Fire Geckos once exiting the cave. If the character has the Animal Friends perk, why would they have to worry about teh Fire Geckos once they exit the cave? Either the perk does not work for Fire Geckos, or the author meant the comment for characters without the Animal Friends perk. It may be helpful to clarify this a bit more in the paragraph; as it is currently written, it may be a bit confusing for easily-confused readers such as myself.
- The Animal Friend perk does not work on fire geckos, despite working on all other geckos. This is noted on the Animal Friend page so I don't think it needs to be repeated in this article beyond what's stated. 188.8.131.52 10:03, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Easily Confused Reader - Me Again[edit source]
The article indicates, "The eggs in this quest will show up as a pile, an object to be interacted with instead of taken. You do not need to pick up eggs found on the creatures, as the eggs picked up at the mounds are quest/non-trade items."
If one already has eggs, they can be used, right? Such is indicated farther down in the article. What happens if the character has only SOME of the eggs [already]? For example, the character has 4 Giant Mantis eggs, then goes to the quest-related pile and picks up the 12 additional. It sounds as though the 12 picked up from the pile end up as a special quest-related item in the inventory -- distinct from 'regular' eggs that may be in the inventory already. If so, what happens? I assume the NPC takes the distinct, pile-created quest-related 12 eggs and leaves the 4 "regular" eggs in the characters inventory. Is that true? Is that also true if the character acutally has 12 (or more) "regular" eggs in his inventory, along with the 12 pile-created eggs?
- The eggs created for this quest come in the form of a single object called "Pile of (whatever animal) eggs," not 12 individual quest-specific eggs. That's why you can't mix and match them with eggs you may have already stockpiled. 184.108.40.206 10:07, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Ending bugged?[edit source]
Whenever I try to 'earn my reward' with Red Lucy, she repeats 'The Thorn does not welcome you stranger. Leave now or suffer the consequences'. Have I done something wrong along the way or is this a bug on my end? This happens with male and female characters. 220.127.116.11 17:33, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
Additional Radscorpions?[edit source]
After sniping from the Goodsprings Cemetary the three Giant Radscorpions around the eggs don't seem to spawn until you're near the bottom of the ravine, along with a few others to the North and South. Great Mara 23:05, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
"Oh daddy!"[edit source]
I know this won't be helpful at all, but i had to say it anyway. Oh daddy? Red Lucy's got "daddy" issues? Sagan1976 21:57, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
Spelling Error on Radscorp Return[edit source]
Not sure if this is worth a Note on the main entry or if it's been patched since I'm on the 360, so I figured I'd mention it here. The [Barter 60] option says "I was planing on helping you get even deadlier creatures, butnot without a raise." instead of planning. --Pyoobez 03:46, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
Bleed me dry, red ruby bug?[edit source]
I've finished the mission but when it comes to sleeping with ruby she tells me to go to her room I follow her up an she says how everyone needs a companion she says sleep with me an turns on the light she then walks over to her bed turns around an walks out she doesn't get into her sleep wear the bed says I can sleep in it but it won't let me she then just walks out an heads to the arena were does she get hersleep wear the cupboard? Cause it's not there could I possibly get some an put them there or reverse pickpocket her? Ihavent checked if she has any on her