Talk:Bottlecap mine (Fallout 3)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Bottlecap mine (Fallout 3)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Are the soda shop east of grind and jackos not the same place??
The Bottlecap Mine schematic CANNOT be found in a trader's inventory. This should be removed from the page. Fermentor 09:02, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
So that bottlecap mine schematic I bought off of Knick-Knack in little lamplight was imaginary? --LordVukodlak 09:29, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Teleport these babies directly under your foes (PC only)
Been tinkering with the command console lately and finding fun ways to (ab)use it... try this technique for giggles:
1. Use sneak mode to get close enough to an enemy to see them clearly. You can actually be pretty far away, if you like. You just need to be able to see them.
2. Enter the console and click on an enemy. The enemy's name and RefID will appear at the top of the screen. Jot down the RefID on a post-it note or something, or memorize it if you're really awesome. Close the console.
3. Drop a mine on the ground in front of you.
4. Look at the mine and enter the console once again. Click on the mine so that the words "Bottlecap Mine" appear at the top of the screen. Now, with the mine selected, enter the following command in the console:
moveto xxxxxxxx ...where "xxxxxxxx" is the RefID of the enemy that you wrote down a moment ago.
5. Exit the console and watch the fun.
For some reason, the mine will occasionally disappear and then reappear at your feet again. This happened when I no longer had line-of-sight to the enemy, although it may have been because he was standing up against a wall and the game couldn't find a place to put the mine. Generally, however, this works like a charm, teleporting the armed mine directly underneath your foe. And if you're [Hidden] when you do this, you'll get a "sneak attack critical" as well! Incidentally, this also works with grenades, but you have to actually throw them first, then enter the console and click the grenade. If you just drop them out of your inventory, they won't be armed, so they're a bit harder to use. If I'm not mistaken, you can also do this with a Fat Man mini-nuke as well, if you can open the console as soon as you launch the projectile. That... might be overkill, though.
I hope someone gets a kick out of this. Oh, and if there's a more appropriate location for this kind of information, feel free to move it. This works with any kind of mine or grenade, but I decided to put it here because (A) it seems most effective with Bottlecap Mines, and (B) this page was looking a little bare! 22.214.171.124 07:30, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- Explosives do not gain additional damage from sneak attacks. 126.96.36.199 17:41, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
The sensor module detects the movement, the bottle caps act as shrapnel and the lunch box is the container, so a single cherry bomb provides the boom? Explain please.
- Bethesda's logic. </discussion> Nitty 01:30, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
- so why can't we just throw cherry bombs as grenades? They're like mini nukes!
- I envision it like more of a fragmentation device. The cherry bomb propels the bottecaps outward at great speed, it's the caps that do all the damage. --Easyrhino 20:11, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Again, this means a cherry bomb has the power of a mini-nuke. See how much explosive power you get out of one in real life. The caps won't penetrate the lunchbox. 188.8.131.52 11:56, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
It's a game. One also cannot just put away a weapon and it disappear. One also cannot go indefinitely without sleep, food, water, ect..--Rhonda 17:15, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
Retextured for C4
If you notice the way the sensor module and handle is on the bottlecap mine, you will notice it looks exactly like a C4 plastic explosive but with a lunch box texture. I think Bethesda and Obsidian decided to use the bottlecap mine and retexture and re-script it to become a C4 bomb. Can anyone confirm this?--Zigzag338 11:16, May 1, 2011 (UTC)