This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Bozar (GRA)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Where are those informations from? The discription and everything. All we know is that the Bozar is set to appear in the DLC, or did i miss anything out?
- Bozar. Nitty Tok. 13:56, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I know, I did play Fallout 2. But what if the characteristics are chaged? Maybe it's not even going to be full auto in New Vegas BlackHawk4744 10:01, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Come on now. It wouldn't be the Bozar unless it WAS full auto.
if you see the image closely there are two Cartridges jumping out of the bozzar so it should be an automatic cause if wasn't the screenshot would have only one... about the characteristics we will only truly know when is will came out
If i recall...
wasn't the full auto a mistake on the developers part on fallout 2? if they still include it as full auto wat'evs id like to see it return. glad they are retoring some old relics of pure fallout!
I am hoping very hard that this outperforms FIDO. I want a scoped machine gun but i dont want it to look like a minigun.
- Looks quite crap, actually. Lower damage than the regular LMG, apparently not even affected by Grunt, and I don't see how the scope is of any use whatsoever with a spread that high. Even the Perforator from FO3 was a better sniping weapon than this, and that was terrible for sniping.
- Yeah. Been trying to get some use out of this thing and it's just plain mediocre. Low damage and high spread make it worthless for sniping. 5.56mm match helps offset the spread a bit but doesn't boost its low base damage enough, and if you aren't using 5.56mm AP against enemies with any sort of armour at all you might as well be shooting spitballs at them. Disappointing. Fully modded 12.7mm SMG is a much better automatic gun. Even the plain LMG is better, and that's not great. Might mod this thing to make it suck less, feels wrong for the bozar to be this weak.
- Then, consider that it's clip is only a third the size of the plain LMG, and that it can't be modded to increase the clip size. This does not compliment the increased rate of fire and lower damage, and when combined with the Bozar's mediocre spread and large sway when scoped, leads to the Bozar attempting to fill too many combat roles at once, and ultimately failing at all of them. It needs to be patched to either be more specialized or to fill those roles better. As it currently stands, the Bozar is not worth the hefty ingame pricetag.
- Amen. A big disappointment. I'd much rather have the anti-materiel rifle with all its new perks and ammo. One very weird thing too: there is often a noticeable lag between when the bullets must have hit the target and when the target goes down. It's like a very bad play when someone hesitates a bit before falling when being shot. "Oh yeah? Oh, I fall down now. Sorry!" Wunengzi 21:07, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Sometimes I get really sick of people complaining about weapons having too high of a spread, just like how people complain about the automatic rifle, THIS IS NOT A SNIPER RIFLE, IN REAL LIFE, NON SNIPER OR MARKSMAN WEAPONS DO NOT HAVE SNIPER LIKE ACCURACY, GET USED TO IT! --Chaos Reigns 18:03, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- "The Bozar is the ultimate refinement of the sniper's art, an automatic sniper rifle with an ammunition capacity of 30x .223 or 5.56mm round." The first line of the description on the weapon's Wiki page. Obviously some people have a little difficulty with reading comprehension. The automatic rifle isn't advertised as a sniper rifle; the Bozar is. Wunengzi 02:33, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
To me it looks like the guy is holding a XL70E3 from Fallout 2
Where are we getting a unique light machine gun out of this thing? I just bought it, and the only similarities are that they are both full auto and are both chambered for 5.56. Xarxes 14:42, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Seems to me it is more of a unique service rifle with a different design, full-auto firing, and more mods from the description. GlassJAw667 18:03, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- The name of the weapon in the GECK also happens to be NVDLC05WeapNVLightMachineGunUnique. Just saying. :)
- It's the Bozar man, don't forget the sniper fonction ;). Itachou [~talk~] 18:16, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
This thing isn't affected by grunt?
- Nope - I asked him here: https://archive.is/K3Mum http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/243193444317533091 Wallach 04:43, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
If I am reading the stats correctly, the critical chance modifier is 1. Is that for each bullet? (Ex: if my crit% is 20%, each bullet fired from the Bozar will have a 20% chance to crit). Or is the Bozar like other automatic weapons where the % is reduced to compensate for the high firing rate? Dragofireheart 19:49, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
I've seen the statements about Grunt not being applied to Bozar, Battle Rifle and 25mm Grenade APW given the reson that is because is a add-on perk, but what load of crap is this? Grunt is not applied to those weapons because it would've turned them into overkill ones. Lonesome Road is a perk introduced with a DLC and affects the weapons. Brfritos 15:32, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- 'The Grunt perk does not affect the Bozar, GRA assault carbine, or 25mm grenade APW. In order to do so, Gun Runners' Arsenal would require Honest Hearts as a master .esm file, which would prevent the Arsenal from loading if one were to not have purchased Honest Hearts.'
- Whereas Lonesome Road's perk 'Lonesome Road' increases your overall damage dealing ability. It multiplies all damage done by an extra 10%, whereas Grunt goes through and specifically modifies specific weapons.
- Oh, and if you think Grunted Bozar is overkill, the Grunted Light Machine Gun would like to have a word. Nitty Tok. 15:41, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
"Despite J.E. Sawyer's assertion that it is not possible, a third-party patch specific only to Honest Hearts has been released which alters the Grunt perk to affect weapons from other add-on packages, including the Bozar: New Vegas Nexus"
This is not good written. Yes, Sawyer said that it is not possible- but in context of DLC / Patch release. He never said that it is impossible to do with mods. --Mr.Lexx 05:18, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
Is the "(GRA)" prefix really needed every time the gun is mentioned in this article? I mean it sounds silly, and I bet a fair number of people, other than me, find redundancy annoying.--O_O 17:01, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I removed all the superfluous prefixes. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Is not a sniper rifle.
Bozar sucks. Is NOT a sniper rifle, as is said in this wiki. is expensive. Is heavy. I change my All American for that Bozar, and now regrets all the time. By the way, Can somebody tell the history or name origin of thr Bozar? 22.214.171.124 12:28, November 10, 2011 (UTC)