This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Caesar's Favor".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Possible if you finish the Wild Cards: Side Bets quest, the Caesar's Favour won't be updated, so you can't collect more supplies from the crates.
Why cant i trigger it?[edit source]
I triggered the quest(Caesar's favour) on my first play, but why doesnt the disguised legion guy approach me on my second play?
I am also having the same problem. I triggered it on my first play, where my reputation only ever got to "Liked", on my second play through, I am idolized, and am yet to trigger it.
I have my suspicions that it may not trigger if you get the safehouse key, but that seems fairly daft. If the Frumentarius page is to be believed, he tends to spawn so far away that you don't notice him, use fast travel, and he disappears permanently. A PC workaround is to use the console: 1: prid 00164ED0 2: disable 3: enable 4: kill 5: resurrect 6: moveto player Finally got sick enough of this guy not showing up to orchestrate this. I've only seen him once otherwise, just long enough for Sgt Astor's patrol to mow him down, with the nearest save some 4 hours earlier! --18.104.22.168 01:35, October 14, 2011 (UTC)Picky Anonymous
The Supply Caches continue to restock[edit source]
Even though my current character is suffering from the Xbox-360 bug that the "Bugs" section describes, I did not receive the quests either, but when I headed back to the location I found that the boxes had in fact replenished their contents. --Forerunner93 00:16, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
- This is not a bug, as far as I can tell. The frumentarius tells you that you are allowed to use prohibited items the Legion is discarding. Basically, they are giving you the location of their garbage - it would be there anyway. They will continue to throw stuff away throughout the game, which is why you can take it without karma loss. So even if you are vilified, it's too late to stop you as you already know where the boxes are. Also, you may not be the only Legion agent they are/were leaving stuff for. --FourWayDiablo(talk) 16:37, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
Why work for the NCR? The Legion knows how to treat a Merc right![edit source]
Honestly why on this post-apocalyptic Earth would anyone wanna work for the NCR when they give you complete crap, while the Legion rewards you as generously as this, I swear to God once I got about 50 STEALTH BOYS in a single crate that the Legion gave at the drop off point, and about 20000 caps worth of various types of ammunition, and what does the NCR give you for all your hard work just to reach Liked with them? A cruddy Safehouse with barely anything in it, and that NCR Emergency Radio? What a POS, you can't wear NCR uniform when you wanna use it because your not considered cool with the NCR, and then what do you get? The supply drop is about 25 caps worth of a common ammunition and some health item, the only benefit to the Radio is the "followers" you get when you use it.
My thoughts exactly, on a related note.. Since over 1,000 energy weapon cells can appear in the stash alone, it might be worth noting that this would indeed be one of the most abundant stocks of energy weapon cells in the game. I haven't noticed any vendors that sell even close to that amount. --Nothing. 04:56, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
NCR is kinda biased to seem a lot more badass. rangers are insanely glorified and probably the most badass things in the game, since centurions are so few and far between and the only one in the game doesnt do anything where NCR is always talking about how amazing rangers are. i'd much rather be a ranger then a centurion, but ive enjoyed my legion playthrough a lot more then my NCR playthrough regardless :p --22.214.171.124 03:11, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
Where does he appear?[edit source]
Is there any info in the GECK about where the disguised Frumentarius appears? First time I got this he appeared close to Camp Golf. 2nd time at the 188, and after talking to me he was instantly killed. 3rd time he never showed up at all, so I'm guessing he got killed.--Jolipinator 17:33, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Its pretty much random I believe. On my latest playthrough he kept spawning at Camp Searchlight, and getting mowed down by Astor and his men. Not a very good disguise, eh? BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 17:35, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- It is random, but I got pretty consistent results at Powder Ganger camp south.
- Kill bighorners and possibly molerats near the camp, so they don't kill him as he approaches.
- Get Legion fame (at Cottonwood cove is easiest).
- Immediately fast-travel to the camp, and wait/sleep a bit.
- A wild Frumentarius appears! Gives quest and then runs up Primm Pass to deliver lunch to the blind deathclaw.
- Yeah, I've had him appear after fast traveling to the 188 Trading Post, ...he killed the Arms Merchant, gave me the quest and ran off with the NCR Heavy Troopers chasing him extremely slowly. Message 19:32, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
Idolized, yet no fifth box.[edit source]
I used the Dog Tag quest to gain idolized fame by the Legion, but I have yet to get 5 extra boxes, I still have 4 out of the 5. Anything I'm missing here? Should I finish the Ring a Ding Ding quest to talk to Caesar? Felix Brehh 01:45, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Fixing Two-Time Only Bug?[edit source]
I have the bug where the quest stops resetting after only two occurrences. Is there some way with the console to fix this and make the caches start re-filling again? This is really annoying.--Mister Twist 02:35, November 1, 2011 (UTC)