|This page contains archived information from Talk:Caesar. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Caesars Palace
- 3 Dictator or Emperor
- 4 Pronunciation?
- 5 Killing Caesar
- 6 Caesar's ID for teleporting to him by using Console
- 7 Best Death
- 8 What happens after killing Caesar
- 9 Caesar's Voice
- 10 NCR
- 11 Hitler
- 12 Just fucking with you
- 13 comment on stats
- 14 He should have been the Vault 11 survivor!
- 15 Shaka Zulu Reference?
- 16 Caesar lookalike
- 17 Star Trek (TOS) inspired?
- 18 Caesar Line
- 19 Karma
- 20 Caesar is not mighty
- 21 S.P.E.C.I.A.L-stats, wrong or not?
- 22 Rename
Is it refference to Gaius Julius Caesar?
compare: FoA rioter in New Canaan. --dotz 22:19, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
I wonder if caesar owns Caesars Palace in Fallout New Vegas Niko 21:37, August 14, 2010 (UTC)Niko
- A hotel and casino built in 1962 might not exist, or might have a different name, in the Fallout universe. Kris mailbox 22:51, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Dictator or Emperor
While history may technically record Gaius Julius Caesar as a dictator, he is better known as an emperor because of his efforts in forming the Roman Empire. --Kris 16:34, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Except the Empire did not exist until 27 B.C.E when Octavian was bestowed the name Augustus. Caesar held the title of dictator until his death. Sure, Julius Caesar helped move Rome towards the Empire, but he was never alive to see it or be given the title of Emperor. I get your line of thinking, Kris, but it might be best not to confuse some people. It's probably best just to stick with general/dictator. 220.127.116.11 04:30, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Emperor was a word that was later ascribed to the post-Republic leaders of Rome because they had imperium, or the power to enact the laws given from Senate and to command the army. Prior to Augustus, only consuls or dictators had this power. The Roman name for their emperor was "First Citizen," a title that Augustus gave to himself that was designed to show the Senate that he was not power hungry like his adopted father, Gaius Julius Caesar. However, he also ended up giving himself veto power and several other tribune powers that allowed him to circumvent the Senate whenever he wanted. 18.104.22.168 18:58, June 17, 2011 (UTC)Belteshazzar
Remember too that "Dictator" was the title of an office in the Roman political system, basically a temporary supreme ruler to take charge in emergencies, with a strictly limited tenure. "In seasons of great peril / 'Tis good that one hold sway / Then choose we a Dictator / Whom all men shall obey." Wunengzi 17:44, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
While it is true that a Dictator was only able to legally serve for a six month term, or until the immediate emergency was over, Caesar, like Sulla before him, decided to make himself into a dictator for life. It just so happened that the Senate was not very happy with this idea, and his wanting to install a throne in the Forum, and so they decided to kill him instead. 22.214.171.124 Belteshazzar
In a preview of the game, I saw a scene where Vulpes Incultae pronounces his name "kay-sar", as opposed to the more common English pronunciation, "see-sar". Is everyone in the game going to do this, or is Vulpes just a weirdo? RadRuler 17:15, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Everyone but Caesar's Legion pronounce it the more common way; Caesar's Legion folks pronounce it the original Roman way, with the hard C instead of the soft C. --Kris 19:05, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I forgot that they take that Roman motif to the extremes. Thanks for the info! RadRuler 00:59, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
I thiught it was pronounced ki-sar
- Some folk pronounce it ki-sar, some pronounce it see-zer. One guy I ran across a Legion ambassador, started out the traditional Legion way, but then after the first time he said it, it was the more common "see-zer" pronunciation. So I killed him. --Kris 16:47, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
Actually the correct latin pronounciation for the first half of the word would be something like "dzay-" (this is about the closest i get writing english (my native tongue being german) and the second half like in the ki-sar-version (which itself is rather close to the german version "Kaiser" (meaning emperor as well), which you would pronounce something like "ki-ser" or "ki-sir". the general problem with pronouncing or writing latin correctly for english speaking people is, english pronounciation is all about diphthongs, while latin hasn't got any. 126.96.36.199 04:06, November 5, 2010 (UTC)7even
- This version (pronounced like Zäh-Sar in German) was proved to be wrong, as the latin "C" was always pronounced as "K". The german Kaiser originating from the Holy roman Empire is very close to the actual roman pronounciation (which was the one used by the legion in FNV). BTW: originally "caesar" was a cognomen, not a title, and either meant "born by abdominal delivery" or "the hairy one" or "elephant slayer" (punic wars)--188.8.131.52 09:42, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
I have noticed that not every member pronounces it 'Kai-sar'. for example, talking to the Veteran outside the weather monitoring station (and the above mentioned ambassador), he will pronounce it 'see-sar' (any other Legion NPCs?) UPDATE: Karl (the one in Red Rock Canyon) pronounced it 'see-sar' multiple timesUser:ValoR
Marcus, one of the super mutants in Jacobstown, will pronounce it as "Kai-sar." User:TheVaultDweller29
Is there an easy way to kill this guy? I wanted to knock out two of the NCR's enemies at once (being Mr. House and Caesar), but the Praetors keep killing me so easily. YuriKaslov 19:39, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
I killed Caesar's goons with a shotgun loaded with Slugs. Took them out before they could hit me, Caesar himself was pretty easy to kill. However I dont his death is scripted to trigger anything. As The only thing you can pick up off him is his outfit. And it doesnt seem to unlock any dialogue options with NCR Personnel. Other than making the Legion hate you --Kastrenzo 03:02, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- If you have Boone with you while you kill Caesar he will taunt Caesar when he dies, and it will unlock some new dialogue with Boone. I didn't write any of it down to add it to the site, but Boone basically says he doesn't think killing Caesar will make a difference because it didn't appear that he was really leading his troops anymore (and adds that we just made sure to that, heh). He does admit that it "feels good to kill the bastard in the middle of his own fortress." — Gilmoreja (talk) 15:14, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
What happens if I fast travel to the fort with Boone? Will I be attacked, or just him? With neutral rep for the Legion.--184.108.40.206 16:40, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I think he would attack them, and they would just kill him over and over. I was hostile to the Legion anyway, so I am not sure if he would attack the Legion if you're Neutral, but I would bet that he will.
- To add to what I posted earlier: When I got to the docks that take you to the Fort, Boone stopped me and told me if we get on the boat it would "probably be the last boat ride we ever take." I had to option to make him stay while I went alone or have him come along anyway. Not sure how that conversation would change if you aren't hated by the Legion.— Gilmoreja (talk) 00:33, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Boone shoots the legion on sight, plain and simple. If you don't want to kill a legionary, don't take Boone with you. talk 21:17, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
He says that whatever your reputation with the Legion. I think he just assumes your going to take Caesar out.220.127.116.11 22:34, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
He's not especially tough, it's just his guards are all tooled up with moderate armour and ballistic fists which aren't really that fun to be on the end of in a confined area. I entered the fort with boone, and i tell you, there was some serious shit going down. Whole place went nuts and swarmed us. Any high powered weapon will make short work of him. I used This Machine and plasma grenades to take out Caesar and the praetorians. If you're planning on killing him you may as well take boone with you for that additional firepower, because the legion will attack you once he's dead. So best advice is to stock up on ammo, grenades, med x, psycho, stimpacks and a decent piece of armour. (18.104.22.168 01:35, October 29, 2010 (UTC))
- Yeah.. I loaded Boone up with stimpaks and gave him This Machine, while I used magazines to get my Guns and Explosives to 100, used a stealth boy and entered his tent. Lobbed a plasma nade at Caesar sitting in his throne while Boone took care of the guard and the dog standing near the door. Then I just used a Cowboy Repeater+ with JSP ammo to mow down guards.
- I chose the "karma's a bitch" route and went in with Joshua Graham's armor on and Graham's pistol, A Light Shining in Darkness. Three or four doses of Turbo kept everyone slow until I was able to blow all their heads off. Pity there isn't a dialog option to tell Caesar that you met an old friend of his recently....Graham's "I am the right hand of the Lord and the instrument of His vengeance" would be sweet. Wunengzi 17:55, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
I just used my sniper rifle, as always since its stupidly powerful, went inside his tent so it pissed them off because i was vilified, then turned around and left... waited for them to come out the door and killed them. 1 or 2 shots and each of them dead, depending on the target and if it was a head shot or body shot.
the big group of praetorians or whatever are pretty tough if you let them hit you, so i just repeated the process of pissing them off and leaving the building, except for them i jumped off the ledge and killed them as they took the long way around to get to me. hip shot if they got close.
its just a matter of playing intelligent and not just running in head first thinking you are super man, but its not hard to wipe out the camp at all. i use a sniper rifle for everything with 10 luck, finesse, better criticals, hand loader shells... and it never takes more than 2 shots for even the most powerful enemies in the game, so yeah. even the legendary deathclaw went down in 2 shots.
Ha! I snuck around camp forever with that dumb 9mm pistol from the footlocker trying to get all the guards... eventually got a hunting rifle and used above strategy of shooting them, then jumping off the ridge and running around. I was barely even level 3 I think... took forever. Very fun though.
I put on T-51B power armor and helmet, had it repaired to 100% and then armed with a missile launcher stormed the tent and pulled the trigger as many times as i could... Worked great! 22.214.171.124 00:59, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
I had best lucky with the Pushy at an unarmed skill of 30. I had ED-E without upgrades and Veronica with Mark 2 Combat armor. I was wearing a Space suit and a Mark 2 combat helmet. Used all my stims though.--TheReaver74 01:04, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
i just use god mode and the debug megapistol and then storm the base. its easy really but u can only do it using the console on the pc witch is a bit s*** lol.
I don't know if this was already posted, but run in his tent, pop off one shot, then run out. Jump off the ledge outside his tent. Since NPCs won't jump off ledges if they can avoid it, they will be forced to take the long way around. Take them out with a ranged weapon and when they get close, run on top of the ledge again, and jump off. Each time you do this, you may get 2-3 enemies, but I'm only estimating because I used the slower-than-(expletive) Anti-materiel rifle. Hope it helps! Long live the Bear, and go make Boone proud! --Valoopy
Wear Remnants power armor or Gannon Family Tesla armor. Enter tent. Fire mini-nuke directly at Caesar. EVERYONE WILL DIE. Except you, because you're wearing power armor and you're far enough away. Problem solved. Aitherion 17:59, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
Caesar's ID for teleporting to him by using Console
Could someone tell me what Caesar's ID is so I can teleport to him by using Console? Thanks in advance. (126.96.36.199 15:24, October 28, 2010 (UTC))
I made a male character and named him 'Brutus'. I played through the main story untill I was 'liked' by the Legion. I then went to Cottonwood Cove and killed Aurelius of Phoenix with C4 to get his Legion centurion armor then I got Chance's knife from his grave and went to The Fort and from their to Caesar's tent and snuck behind him (I had 100 Melee weapons skill) and slit his throat thus completing the Roman theme. (Can't sign in where i am but I'm Bio_enhancement411)188.8.131.52 23:06, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Et tu, Brute? Yuri Kaslov 03:19, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Given that he has a brain tumor, Cassius was right in his belief that Caesar was too weak. That is the most brutal irony of all.--TJbrena 20:13, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
What happens after killing Caesar
So I fought a glorious battle and wrecked every legion member in the fort and stomped out Caesar. Nothing happens when you finish him off. Has anyone seen any game differences as a result of killing Caesar?
- Nope, nothing interesting happens if you kill him. Although some people (especially NCR people) will react on his death by saying things like "I wish I could have been there to see Caesar die. What an asshole." --Schredas 22:50, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Update - I did notice a dialogue option when facing Legate Lanius something about the Legate following Caesar's orders from the grave
- If Boone is with you, you also get a special dialogue with him.
Until right now, I could have sworn John Goodman was doing the voice work for Caesar. Malus X 03:16, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
I thought it was John Goodman too! Further research says it's John Doman (oddly similar name) from Law & Order.
Will killing him give you a better rep with the NCR?
Nope, just worse with the Legion, obviously.
Is it me or are there references to Hitler in Caesar's character? He talks about Total war, a monolithic culture instead of all different cultures and he appears to view tribes as "untermensch", calling them savages etc. 184.108.40.206 11:21, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Hitler was hardly the first one to try and conquer the whole world. L2History. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 12:37, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
No, I believe the only similarity between the two is that they are both dictators and thats basically where it ends. When he speaks of a monolithic culture he tells you that he models his society after the Roman Empire, what they acomplished in there conquests was basically mass assimilation ,(though some cultural diffusion is unavoidable regardless of government policy) of other cultures. To make those you conquer into citizens rather than a foreign people that you have conquered. He believes this was and is an effective thesis on how to unite the vast tribes of the wastes into a single force. He views certain tribes as savages and pissant, not because he believes in some illogical racist or arrogant ideology, but because he believes they lack culture, structure and direction. In other words he doesn't dimiss people as savages but rather identifies certain small groups of people as savage with the potential to be greater.
Total warfare is not a concept or Idea created by hitler it is older than than, it is the complete destruction on your enemies ability to make war. Burning there crops, making an example out of those who oppose you, selling thewomen and children of the tribe you are warring with into slavery. Total warfare is not an Idea Hitler came up with.
I havent seen anything that indicates that Caesar wishes to conquer the world ,the largest amount of land I have heard Caesar plan to conquer is the NCR and its Territories.--Gdubs 06:00, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Which basically amounts to the entire known world for post-nuclear Americans. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:47, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
If there are any connections to modern dictators at all they would be with the Italian fascists which of course were inspired by the old roman empire as well. xNOKIx 10:44, February 23, 2011 (UTC)
Just fucking with you
I was entering the Fort as part of Render Unto Caesar and my Legion status was "shunned". Upon meeting Caesar, he said I have a lot of nerve to show my face to him. He acted like he was going to kill me and then said "Relax, I'm just fucking with you." Found it amusing.
i would too if i was him. its a funny dialoge sequence but after i did shot him in the face with my sawn off shotgun, i dont think he would have found that amusing...or maybe he would have
I colmpleted the quest for Cachino by killing the two bosses and when i went to the fort he said "we had a good business with the Omertas. You have some nerve showing your face here." When i said my safety was assured, he said "and you believed that? Because i'm going to have you killed now.... relax, i'm just fucking with you." i lol'd at that part. --An Editor.
Yeah, when I heard him say that as my second character I just stopped dead. I just stared into his eyes unblinkingly for about two minutes. When I finally said something, I quoted the wise owl and asked "O RLY?". After that I exited dialogue and punched him in the face and I was then obliterated by his guards. --TJbrena 20:20, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
comment on stats
the comment on stats is pretty stupid really. it only takes 4 intelligence to get educated and comprehension perks, and how persuasive you are is dependent on speech skill not charisma stat.
so trying to point his stats in the geck like something wrong is just being block headed about it. hes obviously not a genius, look at his medical condition section.
i just thought it was kind of stupid to have it listed like something wrong in the comments myself. my character has 4 intelligence with educated and comprehension perks, and a 1 charisma with high speech...lol.
He should have been the Vault 11 survivor!
It would it account for his psychotic behaviour, the human sacrifice and the belief in the need for a dictator to run things. I spent most of the game assuming this would be the case and was a bit disappointed when I found out it wasn't. Bwilderbeast 13:35, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
Shaka Zulu Reference?
as the headline says; i think the story of Caesar and Shaka Zulu are shockingly similar, just read the official wiki about Shaka Zulu: [[[wikipedia:Shaka]]]
Caesar looks just like Robbie Williams. Don't you think?
Star Trek (TOS) inspired?
Being a Trek fan I noticed one coinsidence: some folks can remember TOS episode where former Federation historican secretly build a Naziesque state (nearly exact copy of Hitler's Germany) out of herds of anarchistic warlike savages. Is such a plot common for Sci-Fi? Pardon my English.
Hi, I just wanted to know if, if I kill Caesar will there still be a battle of hoover dam? Thanks :D
Were they're multiple Caesars in the FALLOUT UNIVERSE like in the REAL WORLD UNIVERSE? Is Caesar a title or a man? --220.127.116.11 02:21, April 8, 2011 (UTC)
Is Caesar's Karma really Evil? Isn't it Very Evil? I mean, the things he does and how everyone else hates him... --J0hnvik 19:57, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
Caesar is not mighty
Caesar is such a fucking pansy. I used Terrifying Presence on him and the "Mighty" Caesar calls his praetorians to help him gut me. SO MUCH FOR MIGHTY. IF THIS COWARD WAS MIGHTY, HE COULDA PUNCHED ME ACROSS THE DAMN COLORADO. - BRAINLESS FOOL!
- He has got an army of thousands, loyal to the death. He conquered 86 tribes. He leads a massive war with the, most likely, largest goverment in the post-war world ( Not to mention that he has an upper hand in the war). If none of those acomplishments make one mighty, then what does? - Anonymous 2
- He doesn't have the upper hand, at all. The only reason he stands even half a chance is because the NCR is also busy fighting the Khans, Brotherhood, House, Fiends, Powder Gangers, Super Mutants, Vipers, Jackals, and Omertas at the same time (and winning). Plus, he's a pussy, a huge hypocrite (what's that? Medicine should be banned because the weak don't deserve to live?) and overall it seems like Joshua and then Lanius did all the work.
- But he was the start of it all. The Legion wouldn't even exist were it not for him.
- The Legion existing is good why?
- I'm sorry, did i ever say the Legion's existance was good? I was arguing against that Caesar wasn't mighty, not that he wasn't good.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L-stats, wrong or not?
I believe that the S.P.E.C.I.A.L-stats on Caesar is wrong. The reason for this is his apparent intelligence, you do need to be smarter than a "knucklehead" to create an empire spanning all of Arizona. Or am I wrong?
Special stats are almost never related to a character's in-game personality. FinalWish 21:22, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Almost never. Boone's Charisma of 1 seems to adequately reflect his sunny, charming outlook on life. Wunengzi 18:02, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- But then again, Lily has the most charisma of any of your companions despite being a super mutant. Aitherion 18:03, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
Should this page not be renamed now that we know his full name? Caesar is a rank, both in the society on which the Legion was based, and in the Legion, as evidenced by the ending where Lanius becomes the new Caesar. VA:ORG states that for characters, titles and ranks should not be included in the article title. It would also provide for consistency across the wiki, where it seems that we base page names on the characters' real names rather than any title or rank. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 20:03, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
And did not Itachou already say that we will NOT change the pagename, on your own userpage. Get over it, the pagename will not be changed. No hug Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 20:05, May 24, 2011 (UTC)