This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Chance's knife".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Stats, they seem off to me unless the skill requirement doesn't actually prevent someone from using it. My 10 agility/10 perception character with 45 melee weapons can use it just fine (at 18 damage/77 dps with only 5 strength and that same melee weapons score). So the damage seems off as well. Mictlantecuhtli 15:25, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds about right to me. Lacking strength or skills just impairs your usage. You have enough strength, you're short on skills, it does slightly less than listed. 188.8.131.52 07:09, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
the grunt perk from Honest Hearts effects this weapon (+25%) if someone could update that--J.J.-Lopez 06:46, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
Uh, okay. Not only does it affect it, it practically turns it into a tactical nuclear weapon. Nothing in the game can survive a full VATS volley with max AP.Kara MacNamara 23:32, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
How much is the bonus to crit chance?
2x... says it right on the profile. Enduvus 06:49, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Overpowered and Lovin' it.
I love this weapon! Let me explain why, I will not include Traits in the equation since everyone has their personal favorites.
- Max DAM: 34.8 (Max condition, skill and all related perks. Excluding Heavy Handed)
- Attack Speed: 5.81 strikes per second (With Slayer and Melee Hacker)
- VATS AP Cost: 17 per attack.
- Crit Multiplier: x2, making 56% crit chance a possibility (10 Luck + Finesse + Light Touch + 1st Recon Beret + Joshua Graham's Armor = 28%, 28x2=56 effective critical strike chance, add 3x2=6% if you play with Built to Destroy.)
- Perks not listed on main page: Piercing Strike (-15DT for enemies) and Elijah's Ramblings (+150% Crit damage *56% possible crit chance, wink wink*)
- Also: It's weigh is so low that it is affected by Pack Rat! It is also an Improved Holdout weapon, so casinos or other places that strip you of your weapons won't take this away from you.
I realy wonder which is better:with "Heavy handed" or without it.Yes, Elijah Ramblings compensates lowering of critical damage,but with 62% critical chance it is better to have maximum critical damage rather then -60%+150%.Am I right or not?
- I tried to add Ain't Like That Now to the list of perks that affect this weapon but apparently the maximum is 9. Is there a way around this?--BSMaker 16:45, September 29, 2011 (UTC)