This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Chimera".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Two chimeras, four chimeras?
I saw in the Paving the Way article that it says there's two of them at the depot. So far, I've only been able to find one there. On the other hand, if you skip that part, you'll get attacked by three of them at the pulse field. Dcruze 04:56, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think the article is counting the one that's parked by the fuel tanks.
- Duh! Of course, I didn't think of that one since it's parked and not hostile. Anyways, don't think you can skip the chimera base part since otherwise there seems to be a barrier you can't cross at the pulse field leaving you as cannon fodder for the tanks (4-5 seconds to die last time). Dcruze 05:03, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- No, still just one at the Chimera Armor Depot. There's actually four of them parked there; two buried in the snow in the SW corner, one to the south and the one in plain view on the podium. You can't attack and destroy any of them, they're just fluff.
- Something weird happened after blowing up the fuel tank next to the Chimera parked on the podium though. I did that one last and saved just before. I finished the mission and was teleported back to the command tent. Then when I reloaded I found myself under attack by a previously unseen second chimera.
- That's the only time I've had two of them, and this is the third time I'm playing the DLC. I think it had something to do with reloading. Taking care of this second chimera, saving, finishing the mission and then reloading didn't spawn any more of them though. Dcruze 06:22, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- I've encountered a second hostile Chimera Tank by destroying the 2nd fuel tank first and the 2nd Chimera appeared by the first fuel tank. Wasn't expecting it >.< --188.8.131.52 05:36, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- I guess it is a glitch, but when quicksaving and then reloading i can spawn another chimera tank next to the first fuel tank. killing it and then repeating does not spawn another. may be something related to reloading causing the game ot realise; "oh hey! its supposed to be another chimera tank here!" Veranen 15:30, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
Real-life screw vehicles
http://fulgerica.com/en/2007/07/04/in-soviet-russia-cars-screw-you/ 184.108.40.206 03:43, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
- Found this last night, thought I would post it before I went to bed. 220.127.116.11 22:13, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
When I was finishing off the active Chimera, the Mysterious Stranger appeared, but wouldn't shoot. Was it a regular Mysterious Stranger-related glitch, or he wouldn't shoot at tanks at all? 18.104.22.168 06:29, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Don't appeared when use the console for spawn
Sorry for my bad english, I'm French. I use the console for spawn a Chimera Tank but is appeard as I am in the console, but if I leave the console, it disappears. Can you help me please ? thanks in advance Itachou 22:18, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- No idea what's causing this, the same happens to me when I try to spawn one. -- Porter21 (talk) 01:56, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Strange, but its code works in Anchorage Simulation. It must operate in this area as the other NPC Simulation of Anchorage. Thanks again for your help Porter21, you very cool man =) Itachou 13:00, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
These guys are no challenge at- *ZAP*
I thought these were going to be hard to beat, boss character. The one I encountered did have good HP, had to use some frag grenades and the gauss rifle to take it out, but I feel I took a lot more damage from the Chinese Snipers than from this baby. Little disappointed. Dcruze 15:44, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Dcruze 22:19, 31 January 2009 (UTC)