This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Christine Royce".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Fallout 2/Wasteland Link
- 2 Companion
- 3 Did anyone catch her last name?
- 4 Big Empty?
- 5 INT/PER Requirements
- 6 Counterfeiting Madre Chips ?
- 7 Veronica's partner?
- 8 Really nice...
- 9 her voice
- 10 What's In A Name?
- 11 Radio Outro
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Cyborg?
- 14 knight?
- 15 Complicated
- 16 What does she do to your Pip-Boy at the Fountain?
- 17 Christine in Old World Blues?
- 18 COS
- 19 Audio Logs in Old World Blues
- 20 Quotes
- 21 Additional Dialog?
- 22 Illiterate or Not?
- 23 Brotherhood Reputation Dialogue Option
Is it possible Christine is Veronica's long lost lover? 188.8.131.52 20:13, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- it does seem she has some connection to Veronica, she is a brotherhood member after all (she says it sometimes out of dialogue after getting vera's voice)
Fallout 2/Wasteland Link
Anyone else notice the similarities between Christine Royce from Dead Money and Christina Royce from Fallout 2? Could it be the same char?
- Unlikely due to the large time-gap. -Malus X 22:52, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
I'm also wondering if Christine's a descendant of Christina Royce or perhaps a tribute to the Christina character from Wasteland. It seems like a lot of things showing up in Old World Blues are tributes to Wasteland.
Is it possible to meet up with Christine after leaving Sierra Madre? I was under the impression there was, given the dialogue.
she is west of the adbandrnt bos bunker <---stupidest thing you can say...of course she's west because you cant go east you moron. So where the F is she?
Does anyone know where to find her after leaving SM? I can't find anything anywhere that tells me where she went after defeating Father Elijah.
You can not meet up with Christine, as the ending says she remains at the Sierra Madre, she "found new purpose as the Sierra Madre's warden. She watched over it silently- by choice."(If you choose to kill Elijah) You can find the ending when you leave Sierra Madre's Entrance Gate and you get back to the BOS Bunker.Erika Ignat 10:08, April 8, 2011 (UTC)Erika
Did anyone catch her last name?
I came back to the room and she was talking, and it sounded like her last name is Royce? I'm not sure, but can someone verify this for me to give her a better page name. Thanks. TrailerParkApe MkII 03:54, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
It's Royce, she says it herself in her idle speech. Just leave her alone and she'll say "This is Knight Christine Royce of the Brotherhood of Steel" to test her new voice.
Shes supposed to appear to appear in it along side Ulysses but im geussing it'll be for players who have not done dead money, when he comes and helps her or maybe the two are in a security recording and not actualy featured charactors at all? --i shot the sherrif... but i was out of ammo when i got to the deputy.... 19:37, June 3, 2011 (UTC) Carter190s
Christine’s silenced sniper rifle can be found in a blown up building near the Yangtze Prison camp in the Big empty, son the other side of the camp there is Elijiah’s LAER rifle. It’s safe to assume that she was attacked by lobotomites or the surviving prisoners who had Bomb callers similar to the ones in Dead money while hunting him. As her weapon was left behind Elijiah must have made his escape and Ulysses saved her soon after.—Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
The page says I need a high INT or PER to communicate effectively, could someone please clarify the required SPECIAL stats to communicate? My male character has a Perception of 7-8, but my Intelligence is average at about 5-6, and I want to know whether I'll need to bring hats n' 'Tats to get my perception max'd. TJbrena 22:57, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Counterfeiting Madre Chips ?
The article claims Christine can teach you how to counterfeit sierra madre chips is this true and if so how is it achieved ~Decoy906
you need to pass a speech check
Is it safe to assume that Christine was in fact in a relationship with Veronica? It seems to make sense. BrenMan 94 21:34, December 23, 2010 (UTC) if you have the cherchez la femme perk she (sort of) falls in love with you in my playthrough anyway so i guess that since she likes other women and was in the mojhave brotherhood and lost her love she might be veronicas ex --220.127.116.11 23:33, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
In my playthrough, as a female character without the Cherchez La Femme perk, she held my character's hand and looked extremely grateful when I took her to the switching station and allowed her to remotely operate rather than in the bottom of the elevator. I don't think this confirms that she likes women, but there is no evidence to disprove the possibility of them being former lovers. Yakostovian 04:29, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
- That also happened on amy playthrough but I was playing a Male courier (with the confirmed bachelor perk if that's relevant.) but it could be she goes both ways. -Lurky of Lurksburg 18.104.22.168 01:06, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
I think so, they both mention having an partnership with another woman and both claim they were split apart (it was apparently due to Father Elijah which veronica doesnt realise or know) however veronica says she left the brotherhood. Theres a possible chat with elijah about veronica, ive never done it but maybe he mentions them? Though even as a male character christine seems to like the courier, maybe shes bi?
- Um, I think some people should get out more. If a lesbian squeezes your hand or hugs you, it doesn't mean anything sexual. After all, even though straight men don't exchange hand-squeezes in our society (except in the highly ritualized form of the handshake), they do hug on socially approved occasions, without any sexual overtones. Wunengzi 23:04, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- While you're right that generally speaking, one shouldn't assume all affection is sexual, Wunengzi, the fact that she will only do this if you have Cherchez la Femme, which is basically the "lesbian" perk, probably suggests that Christine is making a romantic gesture. If she held anyone's hand, male or female, without any perks required, so long as you were kind to her, it would be easier to assume the gesture was platonic. 22.214.171.124 15:39, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
...of Jack from Mass Effect 2 to make an appearance. --Chris616263 01:19, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
- When Christine stepped out of the Auto-Doc, I had to say "that's Jack!?" IsaacKronenFaust 08:57, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
i agree they have the same "hair cut" and they are both short and both had an hisory as human test subjekts so easter egg i think
- Christine's personality is way more interesting and complex than that of a walking pile of cliches called Jack. That's a bow to Obsidian and a spit to Bioware's face.
Does anyone else think she's voiced by the same actress that does cortana? Or am I just on crazy pills
- Can't it be both?126.96.36.199 21:44, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Nope. Found the Wikipedia page for the actress who played Cortana. Christine is not one of her listed roles. Ganondorf 19:41, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
What's In A Name?
Is it just me, or does Christine's name comprise of two big car names? Christine, as in the evil, killer, and sentient car from one of Stephen King's many books, and Royce, as in Rolls-Royce. Maybe I'm just looking too hard. -Malus X 00:22, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
You might be trying too hard. Her name's nearly identical to Christina Royce from Fallout 2, who was a planned NPC party member in the canceled Van Buren, and who was also a tribute to Christina (the NPC party member) in Wasteland.
At the end of Dead Money when you return to the BOS Bunker there's a voice on the radio giving a farewell speech in the voice of Vera. Is this Christine? The way she speaks about the Sierra Madre and Fredrick Sinclair makes me think it's her. Anyone else think so? Berkbelts 22:03, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
Yes it is Christine because she now has Vera's voice. And to anybody that knows how to read it clearly says where Christine is after Dead Money is all over. She stayed at the Sierra Madre as a guard to make sure nobody gets hurt there again. It says after time she was able to walk among the ghost people and they revered her just like one of the holograms.
wait wuh? what about Dog and the others? and I checked around the area (more like lumbering with all the frickin gold) and avoiding the Ghost people, and STILL couldnt find her..can anyone please check the G.E.C.K. to see where her location is?...anyone??
Im not sure if it IS Christine on the outro. What happens if Christine dies in your game in the casino. And if Shes dead in the end monologue? I wouldnt mind if someone could comment about this as both my run thrus I have been good with Christine and I like to think the outro IS her. but it cant be if she died.Kaldhore 00:07, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
No, I'm pretty damn sure it's just a recording done by Vera. Listen to the entire thing. It's just a plug to get you to come back. No. If it WAS Christine, I doubt very much she'd hint at asking you to return. -Malus X 23:20, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
I've taken the liberty of deleting the stupid trivia tidbit of Christine being "voiced by Gordon Freeman" for most of the game. I hate it when morons do this sort of thing. -Malus X 23:27, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm torn. On one hand, the Gordon Freeman bit is actually rather amusing. On another bit, it is considered vandalism by Wikipedia standards. Now I know this isn't Wikipedia, but still...lavacano201014 (yell at me here) 04:55, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hahahaha thats pretty funny
You have to admit it's at least a little funny. Ganondorf 19:38, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
Is she really a cyborg or is there some trolling going on? TheSquishyTanker 09:05, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Wikipedia: "A cyborg is a being with both biological and artificial (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts". Christine was augmented by Elijah at the Big Empty, which is why she can disrupt radio signals with her brain. So no, no trolling. --Flower of Pock-Lips 16:24, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
shes a lobomite with skills
there is no proof she was a knight if the courier is smart enough or meet the brother hood they can ask if shes a scribe which she agrees
- You didn't hear her testing her new voice, when she explicitly mentions her rank? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 08:01, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
when was that? i played dead money 4 times
- After she regains her voice, while she's standing in Vera's apartment. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:13, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
then why the hell would she previously confirm being a scribe the lack of consistency is disgusting
A brotherhood member can change scribe orders (scribe bigsley) so I bet you could go from scribe to knight. Also, knight may be honorary, as she was brotherhood and obviously past initiate. --Valoopy 03:08, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah... This is gonna be complicated... I killed her in Dead Money. I wonder what OWB will do about this. --Wierdperson31 00:43, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
What if somone didn't even have Dead Money?Ranger In Heavy Armor 02:52, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
What does she do to your Pip-Boy at the Fountain?
I've been patient with this woman (she's better than Dog-goD talking EVERY FIVE SECONDS THE SAME THING :/) up until now... Held off on giving her the old 1-2, because we'd all die, and she repays me by messing with my Pip-boy! I stood still, let her mess with it (INT is 9, PE is 7-10 with specs and hat) and humoured her enough to get a smile but no answer as to wtf she did.
Maybe there's some dialogue I don't have access to; I really wanna know, can anyone tell me what she says
She doesn't do anything to it, she was trying to use it to figure out where Father Elijah was hiding.
IIRC, she pops off the back casing to show you some circuitry, puts the casing back on, and plays with the maps. She's trying to tell you that Elijah is near-by because he's dependent on your Pip-Boy so he can reroute his signal to the fountain through it.--188.8.131.52 16:54, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
Christine in Old World Blues?
Ya, it seems to according to the wikia page here. But I am not sure if it is true, because it just shows the category 'Old World Blues' two times; One over the picture and once in the bottom. Can anyone confirm this? --Jo-Barf Creepy 15:57, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Her character is not in Old World Blues, but there is evidence that she was in the Big Empty at one point. There are items and dialogue that reference her. --184.108.40.206 23:23, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Ow, I so hoped she was :( --Jo-Barf Creepy 15:57, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
It says that she has some named CoS gear, I think she may have ditched the brotherhood adjoined van burens circle of steel. Power Bonkers 00:10, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
That makes a lot of sense considering she uses stealth based weapons and armor here and theres a TON of stealth boys not to mention the stealth suits Right or wrong it's my life, and I choose how to live it. 15:22, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Isn't consistent with the VB Circle of Steel, though. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 15:36, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah but van buren isn't even real Power Bonkers 16:41, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
It hasn't been confirmed by canon sources but that doesn't mean its not real. As I recall the Big Empty was not confirmed by canon sources and look where the last add on took place. It's within the realm of possibily that she is with the CoS and that they are powerful in some region, or they could be hiding in a hole. Right or wrong it's my life, and I choose how to live it. 17:26, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Audio Logs in Old World Blues
Ulysses' Point, northwest of Higgs Village.
There's also one in a cell inside the Y-17 Medical Facility. You need the upgraded Sonic Emitter to access it.--220.127.116.11 22:47, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
OKay so I was wondering when she says "The quick scribe jumps over the lazy paladin." Is it when she's testing her new voice out in the hotel room? -The Polar Bear lives 16:55, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Correct. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 17:06, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
Do you get any additional dialog if you complete Old World Blues before Dead Money when you "talk" to her or Elijah? Are there any differences at all regarding the order you play those 2 addons? Additional dialog, anything else? BlackHawk4744 13:49, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
Illiterate or Not?
For someone who's lost the ability to comprehend written script, her first dialogue after regaining her voice strongly implies a lot of reading, especially when she details the Auto-Doc's usage by Vera and how it's full of garbage data. Super Duper Mutant 06:54, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe she's really good at reading binary or hex now? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 15:05, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- She specifically states she can handle numbers eceedingly well, and that only sometimes do words devolve into "just a bunch of symbols". thus, she is impaired in the ability to read and write, but is not completely illiterate. ~Anon
Brotherhood Reputation Dialogue Option
The wiki says you can have unique dialogue with her is you have Brotherhood reputation. How high does it have to be? When can you ask this? Or better yet... what is the actual dialogue?